Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

goki- what is your true waist size? Im 29 waist and looking for the same fit as yours, how should i size?

I'm 6'1 and about 155, and my true waist is about 32-32.5 (I wear my jeans lower than right on my waist though). I have really slim muscular legs though so that helps let me size down; the waist in these was absolutely no problem. couldn't even button them up pre-soak and now a week later they're more than comfortable, and I still have plenty of room in the thigh let alone the rest of the leg.

thanks flash yeah they're unhemmed just because I wasn't sure how to size but these'll definitely get shortened a little along the way. until then I'm stuck rocking a double cuff..

I'm using the full version mate , when I try to pm I can only see a fraction of the pm window

@ goki

Be sure to post fome fit pics after the hem , I'm sure they will look great

Ah thats happened to me on my ipad too. What I did was open the send a message thing in a new tab. Edited by averydabeast

^ I say get a 38...

The s710, but the smallest you can get is 7.5 (raw). So you might wanna look towards other brands (Eternal, PBJ etc.) if you wanna go for something smaller than that. Though the S003 has a small leg opening (<7 on size 27) if you can fit into them.

Dang, just got a pair of S710XX in a 32. After a hot soak the waist fits me perfectly... wondering if I should have gotten a 31 at least, the legs are a little baggy for my taste. I just did another hot soak so I will see.

i felt the same way but the denim kind of "settled" after a week or two to fit me better. i say just rock 'em...

One week and one hem later . . .

Uo3V5.jpg

Close-up of the denim:

MGs8A.jpg

And another of a rivet, and the silver selvedge poking out of the coin pocket. It's difficult to see in photos, but it glimmers every now and then. . .

Br7t8.jpg

Now I promise to shut up about these until I put some wear into them.

Dang, just got a pair of S710XX in a 32. After a hot soak the waist fits me perfectly... wondering if I should have gotten a 31 at least, the legs are a little baggy for my taste. I just did another hot soak so I will see.

I see a lot of advice to go TTS on the S710xx, but a lot people who do seem to be disappointed in the fit. of course, it depends on the fit you are going for, but i'm really starting to think that the best way to properly size most jeans is by the thigh measurement rather than the waist measurement. my true waist (or at least the measurement where my jeans sit on my hips) is 35", but all my jeans are size 33. For the longest time, i assumed my waist was 33" because size 33 always fit me best, it wasn't until i got into the whole raw denim thing that i actually bothered to measure my waist. most jeans that i know of will stretch plenty in the waist, even my 23 oz. iron hearts stretched easily enough. you can find my fit pics on this thread, the iron heart thread, and the hdc thread and judge for yourself. it's not like i like my jeans skin tight. i just pay the most attention to the thigh measurement when deciding which size to order.

I'm not trying to contradict anyone else, i'm just sharing what i've discovered in my journey.

I see a lot of advice to go TTS on the S710xx, but a lot people who do seem to be disappointed in the fit. of course, it depends on the fit you are going for, but i'm really starting to think that the best way to properly size most jeans is by the thigh measurement rather than the waist measurement. my true waist (or at least the measurement where my jeans sit on my hips) is 35", but all my jeans are size 33. For the longest time, i assumed my waist was 33" because size 33 always fit me best, it wasn't until i got into the whole raw denim thing that i actually bothered to measure my waist. most jeans that i know of will stretch plenty in the waist, even my 23 oz. iron hearts stretched easily enough. you can find my fit pics on this thread, the iron heart thread, and the hdc thread and judge for yourself. it's not like i like my jeans skin tight. i just pay the most attention to the thigh measurement when deciding which size to order.

I'm not trying to contradict anyone else, i'm just sharing what i've discovered in my journey.

Good advice, how much would you say the waist usually stretch? Im a 35-36 waist but have bigger thighs.. Im looking to get the S003JP with a 34 waist.

And where to they usually measure the thigh? Right under the crotch?

Edited by iAmSofaKing

Just received my S5000VX 24oz. in the mail today and I am in love! The fit is not completely dialed in, but I am guessing that with a hot soak these will fit a whole lot better. Anyways apologies in advance for the lack of photos don't know how to upload them onto Sufu. But if you are interested here are some I posted on SF.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/90954/samurai-lovers/750

Let me know what you think, and also big thanks to b_f for helping me out with my mundane questions.

does anybody have experience with the S526XX2? I told my self I wouldn't buy anymore jeans but after seeing those i may have to change that.

edit: just noticed these are LHT and was wondering is there was a RHT version?

Edited by kslo