Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

S634gx fit size 36x36

Raw post soak

waist=36 waist= 36(stretch back)

inseam=37 inseam=35

leg open= 21 leg open=20

Any idea how to shrink more (area)kneeto leg opening.?

Edited by spidereye

Yes I'm sure you will get more inseam shrinkage but I would be surprised if you could get mutch more than an inch of shrinkage in the leg opening which was what spider was asking

Edited by Flash

The waist has stretched back so i dont know how much it shrunk

look mate im not saying that the knee/leg opening is not gonna shrink but with it shrinking an inch already its unlikely that any change is going to be noticed

Hi guys. Want to buy the Samurai 710. Wondering about the size. I have a LVC 501 1966 in measured size 33,8 inches. And it's still little too big. I always wear it with a belt. Should I take size 33 on this one or 34? I'm guessing size 33?

drew_breeze great pic!!!

So I took the plunge a few days ago on a pair of 710xx, lot 14 from rhd in Adelaide. My first pair on unsanforized denim. I love the feel, I love the smell, I love the weight, I love the fit, although I think I could have sized down one. I went tts. I'll get them hemmed soon, I just can't bring myself to take them off my legs. This fit is after one warm soak, and a hot one to get rid of whatever shrinkage was left.

I think I'll have some good times with these jeans.

Apologies for my brother's room.

gfMsW.jpg

Ay7tw.jpg

Edited by Vicarious

Vicarious, people obsess over thinking they should've or could've sized down. But in my opinion, that is a nice fitting pair of jeans right there.

right..I really hate when the first question is "how much do I have t o size down"

@Vicarious: the fit is fine. of course you could have taken a smaller size...but you will probably machine wash them at one point and then they will shrink again so more.

I just got a pair of s510xx 19oz today!! super excited!!

I tried them on and the waist is right about a perfect fit pre-soak (it could be a half inch bigger or smaller and i would be fine). will they stretch back after i soak them? i've read that the waist isn't a huge deal, and will pretty much always stretch...hoping thats true!!

from the 2 inches in the inseam shrinkage? doesn't everybody say samurais continue to shrink as a warning when sizing? Try another hot soak spider

@Shinobi& flash...I did hot soak only from hip to down...and got the same figure with post soak.I think thats all the shrinkage for this denim.And waist is stretch to 38 now ,prove that i gaining weight again.

thanks @swiss-jeansfreak.

You're welcome

Your pic with this special kind of shiny light is what I'm calling the raw denim spirit shining through this pants!

^^^^^^And Vicarious:

I would wait with hemming until after 2nd or 3th wash.

BTW the Fit pics look excellent, no sizing down for my taste.

And I like the cuffed style, so would be fine for me without any hemming

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

s-town, thanks. Definitely a bit more relaxed than my other pants, but I'm quickly getting used to it.

jbanger, thanks as well. RHD is amazing. I could spend my whole day in there.

I've just started to embrace the more relaxed Levis 501 fit lately. I used to be a skinny jeans guy, but no longer. I think you've got a great fit going there.

a visual comparison of denim - S110XJ Lot.10 vs. Lot.12

2c7532f1.jpg

0e4185bb.jpg

c844d2f7.jpg

d7e29208.jpg

Lot.12 on top of Lot.10 - Lot.10 is worn in for about half a year and has different shade of blue - the back side of the twill in Lot.10 appears have a more pronounced "slubbiness"

Edited by Foxy2

^^^Nice work and promising fadings in them Beautiful-freak. I always love slow faders. Let's see them again in 2 years from now

^^^^And congrats to this great comparision pics Foxy2

excited that I can be a part of this thread now. sams have been on my list for a while...

imgp9357.jpg

pre soak

imgp9359.jpg

post soak

samuraisday11.png

virtually no change in the slimness of the leg. only thing that changed post soak was the waist and inseam (jeans are a whole lot shorter).

two tagged sizes down from true waist; was going to go 3 but the leg measurements were identical so there was no point just having a smaller waist size.

Dope fit. what cut is it? 710s?