Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

nice fades stukovx.

hey guys, hoping you could help me out with a sizing question, I know this thread is full of advice but please bear with me.

if any of you own both a pair of 710xx and a pair of flathead bsps, could you tell me how they fit compared to each other in similar sizes? I'm looking for my 710s to fit somewhat like my bsps (skinny).

where I wear my jeans measures about a 33 1/2 and I wear a 30 in bsps... the waist has stretched to about 17" flat, and i love the rest of the fit of the jeans. I have very slim legs as well.

can I get away with a 29 in 710, or should I shoot for the 30? I've heard that you're supposed to size up 1 on bsp, and you go TTS or SD1 on 710s, so I'm curious if I can pull off going down a size.. I saw b_F go down two and his fit looked spot on to me

i have a 30 in fh bsp and a 29 in 710 black shadow

the thighs fit pretty similarly but the taper below the knee is much less on the 710s (which I actually like). There is probably still some shrinkage left on them bc i have only hot soaked twice and not washed yet.

My true size is about 30 and while the bsps fit me, they're a little slimmer than i currently prefer. ill try to post pics if I get the chance!

Not quite denim related, but does anyone have any idea where I'd be able to find this sweatshirt in medium or small. Got a hankering for a maroon/burgundy loopwheeled sweatshirt and that fits the bill pretty well, but I'm finding it difficuly to find one (from a previous season?)

Edited by Tabris

^^^^

Great work Stukovks and Flo!!!

excited that I can be a part of this thread now. sams have been on my list for a while...

imgp9357.jpg

pre soak

imgp9359.jpg

post soak

samuraisday11.png

virtually no change in the slimness of the leg. only thing that changed post soak was the waist and inseam (jeans are a whole lot shorter).

two tagged sizes down from true waist; was going to go 3 but the leg measurements were identical so there was no point just having a smaller waist size.

Edited by goki

The final chapter 'musashi,

Copy2ofPhoto0130.jpg

Copy2ofPhoto0131.jpg

free gift (wind denim)

Copy2ofPhoto0132.jpg

Copy2ofPhoto0133.jpg

free gift (magnetic bracelate)

Photo0141.jpg

Like this leather patch

CopyofPhoto0137.jpg

Hand stich centre thread

CopyofPhoto0139.jpg

Inside= black, outside= dark blue.

CopyofPhoto0138.jpg

Edited by spidereye

Saintkeat:

I love those shiny fadings comimg up more and more as long as kept away from any water.

Can't wait to see more updates on them later

^^Flash: Nice work put in your Sammies

^^^everyinchofgod:

Amazing fit pics and great fadings on them!!!

Those pics taken from the ground are so impressing!!!

I have to keep this in mind

for the 710xx, is it a good idea to hem the length before the initial soak since big offers the chain stitching free? i know it will probably shrink down 1.5 to 2 inches and i want a 34 inch inseam, so should i have them hem it to 35 inch?

Edited by wes16y

they will shrink way more. Hem them to at least 36"

But keep in mind, they will continue shrinking with more washes. Better hem after soak/wash (or you really know what you're doing. So..ask BiG, they should know)

thanks for the reply, the thing is my area does not have any tailors that offer chain stitching and it will be expensive to send them back to big. so it will continue to shrink even if i wash cold?

Yep. If you only do one hot soak, they will continue shrinking with further cold washes. Not massive but still. Then when the honeycombs set in you kinda "lose" some inseam length, too. Just say BiG where you want them to end and they should do it right. Because that's their job.

Listen to bf mate the man knows what he is talking about . I would not recommend just cold soaking , after all your gonna have to wash them at some stage and cold water is now gonna do Mutch for the dirt

Edited by Flash

bk you recorded 1.5" shrinkage post soak for your ogsp, but was there much further shrinkage with subsequent soaks/washes? Thanks!

no further soak yet. but i know someone else who experienced a lot of shrinkage so i'm sure once these jeans would hit the washing machine there would be more shrikage

Yes he does! Following 3 warm soaks (40C) my S5000AI-OGSP tag size 30" shrank from 32" to less than 30" — I put a hanger in the waist following the last soak to keep them at 30.5" — and the inseam from 37.75" to 35.5".