Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

got some jins for sale, size 36 x 32 if anyone is interested, model s0110xj, price $210 in the eu, $225 rest of the world. PM me for details.

^looks great.

I did a second soak tonight - results:

DSC08486.jpg

Always a big pleasure to see any update from you Flo

It seems that you're able to turn all kind of raw denim stuff in to amazing faded items!!!!!

Just gi ahead !!

i'm 5'11", 180 lbs & about 40-41 p2p on shirt__ & would never consider a size 42 w/a 40.5 chest.

'can't ignore the numbers, man. $50 Gap jacket i wouldn't mind, but sacrificing comfort & function over "killer" fit on a $400 jacket is just incredulous & insane. imo, take the 44. better yet, call BiG for an actual measurement on the piece you're actually purchasing.

Thanks for the insight. Despite my weight I'm quite slim in the upper body so I ordered the 42, though I agree that it was probably risky.

The jacket came today, and though it is a snug fit it's not tight or restrictive, and I can button it up easily, so I think I'm going to keep it. I don't think I would be happy with it if the shoulders were much wider.

6881407132_25b290a553.jpg

7027507193_734176b2b0.jpg

i like the fit as it is right now, some close-ups of the recent 15oz texas cotton denim would be nice!

not sure if they are already rinsed. I remember megatron saying all jackets were washed/rinsed.

edit: i could b wrong though :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

i like the fit as it is right now, some close-ups of the recent 15oz texas cotton denim would be nice!

not sure if they are already rinsed. I remember megatron saying all jackets were washed/rinsed.

edit: i could b wrong though :D

Sure, I'll take some close ups pics tomorrow or over the weekend. Initial impressions is the denim is smoother than I was expecting. I noticed more slub/knots in the lot 14 s5000vx than in these (also lot 14). Certainly it is slubby and rough, just not as much as I was expecting.

yo, i need some sizing advice. im currently wearing tag size 29 5507 skulls and for my next pair i want to get something a little slimmer from the knee down. I was thinking of going for size 30 710s, but im worried they might be too big and that size 29 might be too small. deciding between the samurais and size 28 pbj xx007. any thoughts ?

Wow those are looking great Max. I really should just get some 710s one of these days since they'd probably be a perfect fit on me. The only thing I don't like is how the denim fades to a grayish color, never liked that as much as the Flat Head/Eternal sort of electric blue. But the colors on yours look awesome so far!

The problem I had with my S0500xx was that the upper thigh was about an inch too loose, which led to a really saggy crotch. S710xx in that same size (31) would probably fix that. I could probably be talked into it if I saw some faded pairs that were more to my taste.

Wow those are looking great Max. I really should just get some 710s one of these days since they'd probably be a perfect fit on me. The only thing I don't like is how the denim fades to a grayish color, never liked that as much as the Flat Head/Eternal sort of electric blue. But the colors on yours look awesome so far!

The problem I had with my S0500xx was that the upper thigh was about an inch too loose, which led to a really saggy crotch. S710xx in that same size (31) would probably fix that. I could probably be talked into it if I saw some faded pairs that were more to my taste.

You could try to find a pair of 700vx, 'blue shadows', the pictures ive seen of the vx demin show much more electric blue fading than the xx denim.

Thanks for the insight. Despite my weight I'm quite slim in the upper body so I ordered the 42, though I agree that it was probably risky.

The jacket came today, and though it is a snug fit it's not tight or restrictive, and I can button it up easily, so I think I'm going to keep it. I don't think I would be happy with it if the shoulders were much wider.

6881407132_25b290a553.jpg

7027507193_734176b2b0.jpg

what type of samurai jeans you wearing in this picture mr?? the fit is perfectly awesome

Samurai S5000AI-OGSP

I managed to order the second AI model Samurai issued this season.

Just got it in the other day and took measurements and soaked it.

W32 - Pre-soak - Post-soak

W 17.25-17.5" - 16.5-16.75" (I already stretched it a bit during soaking)

FR 11" - 10.5"

BR 14.25" - 13.5"

T 13" - 12.5"

K 9.5" - 9.25"

LO 9-9.25" - 8.5-8.75"

IS 38" - 36.25"

Unfortunately, it got a bit dark outside - so you are only getting a few shots as I didn't want use flashlight. Will have them hemmed. In a few weeks time I will hopefully get around to take more detailed pictures with appropriate light settings. Mind, the denim has not settled down after soaking...

2927b402.jpg

14864685.jpg

6c89f30b.jpg

25a2a5f2.jpg

af5e731f.jpg

Edited by Foxy2

Samurai S5000AI-OGSP

I managed to order the second AI model Samurai issued this season.

Just got it in the other day and took measurements and soaked it.

W32 - Pre-soak - Post-soak

W 17.25-17.5" - 16.5-16.75" (I already stretched it a bit during soaking)

FR 11" - 10.5"

BR 14.25" - 13.5"

T 13" - 12.5"

K 9.5" - 9.25"

LO 9-9.25" - 8.5-8.75"

IS 38" - 36.25"

Unfortunately, it got a bit dark outside - so you are only getting a few shots as I didn't want use flashlight. Will have them hemmed. In a few weeks time I will hopefully get around to take more detailed pictures with appropriate light settings. Mind, the denim has not settled down after soaking...

2927b402.jpg

14864685.jpg

6c89f30b.jpg

25a2a5f2.jpg

af5e731f.jpg

Thanks for the details foxy.

Bonus shots - next to S0510AI-OGSP

3c705db0.jpg

e9893560.jpg

Left hand vs. right hand denim - also, selvedge has different color.

And for the comparison shots. Will the direction of the twill — and if so how — have much effect on how the denim behaves, shrinks for example, and wears and fades?

^^ it is quite rare to have a Z and S twill of similar properties in denim as the intention is often to create differnt properties and a distinct appearance and therefore you often change the loom settings or use different weft and warp yarns.

If you use similar yarns and settings on a loom that can create consistent results for for Z and S twills you should get similar behavior and fading properties. The drape should be the same as well, just the direction of the slant/skewness/spirality/leg twist is different.