Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

my 0500s button hole was in need of repair. took them to my grandma's and a few weeks later they were done

IMG_9762.jpg

initially she was going to just reinforce it in the back so it wouldnt be visible but she said that it was too hard to do that so she had to place some denim around it and make a new hole. also she couldnt make the new overlapping denim sit flush because the denim was too heavy so its not ideal, but it works and adds to the character (so i tell myself). also because of the weight of the denim she had to sew the new hole by hand because her machine wasnt producing the results she wanted

after

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

she also looked at the back pockets that i repaired last year and said it was a bad job so she ripped both pockets and reinforced them along with the hole that was there. she lined the back with a full strip of denim instead of just a patch around the hole as seen by the horizontal line along the back pocket

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

overall happy with the repairs and ill wear a belt so the button hole repair wont be visible most of the time anyway.

Edited by chantheman

What I want to know is: What Sam's has against, black, 19oz XX denim???

I don't get your question...

but aren't lot 14 710xx's still black arcs?

yeah...all 19oz denim from Samurai have the black arcs since lot.7 or 8

my comparison was generally speaking as you didn't ask about a certain pair.

ok..that could be his question.

So far there were 2 models of the 19oz black denim. the first was the original S710BK19oz they released in 2008.

theb lack knight was a collab from big and samurai and used the deadstock denim from the 2008 release.

so far i don't know if they plan to make a new run of that 19oz black denim

two soaks or one, guys? I've been wearing my 5000vx's daily and I've got the waist where I want it, and the thighs, but I'm wondering if I get the inseam a wee bit shorter by soaking them again--I did the long hot shower in jeans thing. However, I'm hoping that they won't go crazy with shrinkage in the thighs--I have big old legs. Just wanted to get your input as I am willing to just let the cuffs be if they'll shrink mad. Sorry for the bother, but I'm holding off on buying some of the S5000BKs before I get a final answer on this.

Thanks.

Edited by lantern23

Thanks for the reply, BF. A last question--although this might be the wrong thread for it. Any suggestions on another brand with a comparable cut to the 5000vxs? I need another jean for my rotation and I like the grownup straight cut but am not sure what's in the same range. Thanks again.

he's got accordion back-knees that keep those creases crisp & pressed ;)

Max what the heck you do in those to get such defined combs or do you wear them right out of the tub after first soak still wet?

Edited by BrownMetallic

Thanks guys. Indeed I wear them when they're still a bit damp. And my normal working days consist of sitting in the car for 2 hours and sitting at the desk all day. So my knees are always bent. Can't really find another explanation...indeed I wonder how people can wear jeans for months and not get combs, sorry.

Thanks guys. Indeed I wear them when they're still a bit damp. And my normal working days consist of sitting in the car for 2 hours and sitting at the desk all day. So my knees are always bent. Can't really find another explanation...indeed I wonder how people can wear jeans for months and not get combs, sorry.

That must be it, because I am on my feet all day at work, and it takes forever for my combs to develop.

^it seems biking helps a ton too. The expansion and contraction of the leg is constantly putting pressure on the back of the knee, not to mention the sweat that is generated by the movement keeps the denim crisp when it dries (though it may make more frequent washing necessary).

Finally pre-soaked the 710s and although uninteresting, its what its worth. I threw them in the washing machine inside out with a pair of 2nd hand Gold Strikes ala the homie for the full cycle. Lot 14 Tagged waist 34 became:

32 waist

11 fr

36 inseam

8 lo