Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

anyone with experience with the s001jp model? i picked up a pair to take home to aus, and in my travels i think i've shrunk some. the 31 i got is probably slightly big around the waist, have not soaked or done anything yet. but wondering if the denim shrink a fair bit with a nice boiling hot soak/shower for a while?

dependent on the answer i may have to let them go in the market. i feel like a 30 would've been spot on for me... or if anyones a 31 and wants to take em off me happy to do a deal and let them go much cheaper than the 370 aud i paid for them..

suggestions? try the hot soak/wash/shower first?

^if you're planning for some [really] hot soaking, slap some leather conditioner/oil on the patch, so as not to f*ck up the leather.

'have no idea of your fit preference, but soo1jp is in 5000 silhouette & the denim stretches out from wear, down the line. if you prefer the SLIM side on the 5000s, which is why i think you're apprehensive right now, you need to SD1.

Edited by BrownMetallic

ah.. great info and pretty much spot on. i want a little bit more room than my 710's currently gave me cause i went 29 in that and they are great but just a tad on the tight side in the crotch thigh area, the nice man at hinoya kept saying they'd shrink 2" whch is why i went with the 31 but then wasn't predicting that i'd lose some weight also.

thanks for that mate!

@robbeec

i have the s001jp and i found that there was not a huge amount of shrinkage - and what there was basically stretched back out after wearing for a few week.

i am generally a 32 waist, but play laot of sport and have large thigs so i have to size up too a 33. If i recall correctly I did an initial cold soak in the washing machine with no spin, then 2 x hot soaks in the bath (only hot water out of the tap) for about an hour each.

710 and 505 are the same cut and slimmer than the s0500.

This info is on the first page of this thread :)

true but as mentioned several times here, sizing up or down can change the "slimness" scale. A size 29 of the s0500 fits almost exactly like a size 30 of the 710s on me (at least from the lower thighs and down)

I am about to pull the trigger on a pair of S710BKII - BIG

I am trying to figure out my correct size, here are below the measurements of a LVC 1954 (carott fit) closest to the fit of the S710 I think.

Measurements are from a brand new pair of LVC (taken from oipolloi website)

LVC 1954

Size 34

Waist 35

Front rise 11

Upper thigh 10

Knee 7.5

what could be my size in S710 ?

Gordon and the team at BiG gave me great support, and according to him I should go with a W34 also in S710, I would like to have a second opinion of may be any owner of LVC 1954 who made the switch to S710, as I have been reading this thread, S710 stretches a looooooot.

Edited by infestedpeon