Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

http://blueingreenso...emart&Itemid=62

I want those. Any reason on why I wouldn't want to buy them?

he

I think we talked about your height before have we? These are one of Samurai's slimmest cuts, very tapered. Thus far, I've always been impressed by how you're able to rock the super rolled cuff to accommodate your height but I think even you may have your limits. I'm not so sure a super tapered cut will look good on shorter guys. Do you have anything very slim to compare?

^ hah I was just thinking I need a dog to come home to.

But in all seriousness, I'm just annoyed when people advise others without actual product knowledge. Like he shouldn't make blatant assumptions when he clearly doesn't know anything about it. Wouldn't you be pissed if someone walked in here and gave his "opinion" that all samurais are no better than a pair of nudies?

As much as people here share their personal "opinions", those who actually know better should smack that shit down.

Just saying.

Saintkeat, he was only trying to help though... i do appreciate the help even if he's wrong. but thanks for actually pointing that out since i didn't really even realize they were a totally different fabric.

you have no money?

I can dream... can't i :P

that's why I wouldn't make a prediction about a total new denim.

so laxlife: it will fade from dark blue over lighter blue to a bluish white ;)

Haha, well put.

he

I think we talked about your height before have we? These are one of Samurai's slimmest cuts, very tapered. Thus far, I've always been impressed by how you're able to rock the super rolled cuff to accommodate your height but I think even you may have your limits. I'm not so sure a super tapered cut will look good on shorter guys. Do you have anything very slim to compare?

Well, if I were to wear these unhemmed (if since I doubt id be getting them anyways) the stacks would piss the shit out of me because they have to be perfect or I don't like wearing stacks. But if I even wind up getting these I would definitely get them hemmed to a 33 or 32. But I find super tapered slim cuts look better on shorter guys, my 666OD's are a good way to compare, although they are slightly tapered.

My 710BK's (right here), were SUPER tapered although they were nowhere near super skinny fit. But it somewhat gives you an idea? I could however take another picture in a pair of super skinny jeans from way back when.

5835983424_6b9636b1db_z.jpg

If the 710BKs weren't tapered to a 6.5" l.o. I would have kept them.

Edited by laxlife1234

. But I find super tapered slim cuts look better on shorter guys, my 666OD's are a good way to compare, although they are slightly tapered.

Yes tapering can give the illusion of length but these are rather slim throughout. Far be it for me to stop you from trying out a pair of new pants. I always encourage overdoing it! :-)

So now that we have all moved on to the next wave of excitement (the black shadows) I'd like to give the blue shadows one last curtain call. So if you remember a month or so ago, I posted a "Do we really need a 17oz s710?" post in hopes of finding naysayers to justify skipping this over. Well, of course I didn't get any takers, only evil rotten encouragement to feed into this unhealthy addiction.

soo....like they used to say in the Looney Tunes cartoons, "If you can't beat 'em....":

710blue2.jpg

710label.jpg

No need for close ups or apologies for the poor lighting...you've all seen them by now, this was just to officially register my concession.

And do not think for a second that I'm getting the black shadows...I have to draw the line somewhere!

<p>Jin Jacket Update....</p>

<p> </p>

<p>IMG_0949.jpg</p>

<p> </p>

<p>IMG_0950.jpg</p>

<p> </p>

<p>IMG_0951.jpg</p>

<p> </p>

<p>IMG_0952.jpg</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

I recently bought a pair of 710xx on a whim off a SuFu member (still being shipped). Haven't bought any new jeans in years, what can I expect in terms of the cut?

Its slim lol, but seriously there are hundreds of fit pics of that jean so just look it up for yourself.

I recently bought a pair of 710xx on a whim off a SuFu member (still being shipped). Haven't bought any new jeans in years, what can I expect in terms of the cut?

Dude, there are nearly 800 pages in this thread, and the 710 is without a doubt the most pictured and discussed Samurai model. Stop being lazy and do some research.

So now that we have all moved on to the next wave of excitement (the black shadows) I'd like to give the blue shadows one last curtain call. So if you remember a month or so ago, I posted a "Do we really need a 17oz s710?" post in hopes of finding naysayers to justify skipping this over. Well, of course I didn't get any takers, only evil rotten encouragement to feed into this unhealthy addiction.

soo....like they used to say in the Looney Tunes cartoons, "If you can't beat 'em....":

No need for close ups or apologies for the poor lighting...you've all seen them by now, this was just to officially register my concession.

And do not think for a second that I'm getting the black shadows...I have to draw the line somewhere!

Well, I think I might get the 710BKs instead now that I think about it... But those 710 Blue Shadows fit you great! I really do look forward to seeing them worn in.

now now, my man nem is sufu OG...Much respect to him! As far as the cut, I hope you sized up because they do fit slim...knowing the fit on your Leepro's etc. you might be able to pull it off with the right sizing though!

Thanks man. I was looking more for general impressions, I realize there are plenty of pictures out there but who knows. I went for a 33 which is usually what I go for, a bit worried they'll be too snug but we'll see (I've also never worn anything heavier than 16oz or so, so a bit nervous, my contest Fullcount 1108 which I ended up not wearing because they were too snug in the thigh). Hey, worst case scenario I'll shift them and get another pair of Ooes :)

E: My ideal jeans are roomy in the seat and thigh and then tapered, which usually means that I get 30s style jeans and then just tapered them myself. We'll see how these fit.

Edited by nemoulette

welcome back, nem. yea, i remember your past Lee/pro-phile fit photos. you like em high&comfy. depending on which LOT# you're getting, TTS might be on the slim side for you, SU1 wouldve been ideal.

These are lot 14.

Also, SU1? E: Size up one, I'm a jackass. The terminology flies away from you when you haven't read SuFu regularly since 2007 :)

Edited by nemoulette

hehe, yea_ size up. 14 had no sizing issue [that i know of]. if the thighs are acceptable, you're good to go cuz they're waist-huggers w/o being tight @hips. you might not be used to heavy ozers, but the denim on these get buttery soft & pliant once broken in. 'hope they work out for you :)

Edited by BrownMetallic

E: My ideal jeans are roomy in the seat and thigh and then tapered, which usually means that I get 30s style jeans and then just tapered them myself. We'll see how these fit.

have you tried the s0500 cut? At least on me they fit exactly as you described and Gordon confirmed -- they balloon out at the seat and thigh and taper in sharply after the knee. If the 710s end up being too slim for you the s0500s may fit better while still being essentially the same cut