Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Thanks for all the interest! :)

I' own just a very simple cam that can't catch every detail like a SLR could.

Some denim close-ups

P1030506.jpg

P1030507.jpg

P1030508.jpg

P1030510.jpg

Gold button (not everyone's cup of tea)

P1030511.jpg

Coin pocket rivet

P1030513.jpg

The fit right after the first soak.

justafterfirstsoak.jpg

I've just soaked/handwashed these a second time. Hanging to dry now

^ Looks good, bF, did you do post soak measurements before stretching them out again? I was at first turned off by the gold buttons but they look good against the dark blue denim. The texture is wild! Do you feel the extra cost is justified for organic cotton and Ai dye compared to your other Samurai stash?

all the buttons are gold.

@lance: that's hard to say. you can get organic cotton stuff at H&M for much less ;) and I don't think it makes a big difference if the cotton is organic or not.

let me say, they are really special and the texture is unique, also is the color something I haven't seen and handled so far. on top of that there are a bunch of nice little details but all in all it's a pair of jeans. I wouldn't mind if they would 'only' cost 40,000 Yen. you have to decide for yourself if this pair is it worth for you. until now, it is and I have no buyers remorse :)

those look gorgeous B F, but I'm guessing as with most AI dye, this will take forever to fade right?

Also, has anyone asked you this before -- what is your height and weight? I was browsing through your fit guide and I've also asked a lot of questions about the fits of the jeans here but I realize now I don't really have a good basis of comparison. It's one thing to list the absolute measurements of things like thigh, knee and leg opening; but it helps to get a "fuller" grasp of how different our body shapes, so that I can understand better what you mean when you say things like, "the 510s feel fuller in the upper areas than the 5000s"