Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

So this is the information I received recently from Samurai Jeans regarding the change in their Texas cotton fabric. I'm going to just paraphrase, and not use a direct translation, because my Japanese is kind of mediocre.

Samurai Jeans has not changed the source cotton nor the mill where they produce the denim. Will not 100% certain, Samurai Jeans suggests that there are a few variables that can attribute to the change in texture. Climate has been a big issue the last few years, especially in the US. Since the seeds are the same, the weather has had a great affect on the texture of the cotton. Another few factors are also soil and the timing of the cotton harvest. So there can be seasonal differences in the cotton.

So the method of manufacturing remains the same. (ie: dyeing, looms used, and tension) Samurai Jeans also never screws with the fabric after its been woven, such as artificial slub, breaking threads, etc. Its just sewn together and starched. So perhaps, the smoothness of the current lots could just be a fluke year.

Samurai Jeans is also developing a new cotton project that they are excited to release these year. Hopefully the fans will be just as excited.

Anyway, thats the scoop I got. On a unrelated note here are my current Samurai Jeans rotation, and collection. Thanks for being patient b_F.

5000vx vs 0500xx

5000vx0500xx1.jpg

5000vx0500xx2.jpg

5000vx0500xx3.jpg

samurai_collection.jpg

I've sold a few. L to R From Top:

5000vx, 0510vx, 0500xx, 0510 66 RR, 3000vx, S0210XJ, USA Model, S0110XJ, 5000BK, SM310DX-HC2

My goodness...I was afraid that might be the case. Thanks for letting me know. I hope things work out for them. They were so helpful in the past. On another note, is that the reason I may not be hearing back from Real McCoy either? Been trying to get in touch with them as well.

I am after the S0500XX arcs + tabs in W31 OR 32

just received an email from Yuichi.

"Hi Mitchel.

It's been a long time to keep silent.

I'm so sorry.

Nowadays at last internet came to my new shop.

I located to new shop near my old shop , one minute walking from old shop.

My new shop wasn't influenced by tsunami and earthquake.

That's very lucky.

But I've lost almost all of my stock.

I've got new items released after 3.11 earthquake day.

So they are not completed.

Did you watch tsunami on YOU TUBE?

At that time , around my shop black water came and streamed with 70 or 80cm depth.

It was snowing.

I watched it from 2nd floor of my shop.

All the electricity was down , telephone didn't call at all.

I thought the world was going to the end.

Well , it has past three month from the day.

I'm making the same daily life as before.

See you soon."

yeah I received the same mail from Yuichi today. well...not exactly the same but mostly. I will talk with him tomorrow about the OGSP. it's a shame that I bought the S5000VX24oz in the meantime from 2ND... sorry Yuichi!

@coleslawyum: thank you so much! well that could clearly be a possibility for the change...there are just so many parameters in denim weaving.

and you know it, great collection! :)

would be interested in hearing more about this new "special cotton project" they have slated for this year...bF, I'll leave that to you to inform us of more! ;)

and coleslaw, beautiful collection, I think you have some of my favorite subtle/vintagey fades on Samurais ever...

Hottest day in Germany and I received my heaviest pair of jeans. They weigh 1349 gr.

Samurai S5000VX24oz

P1030435.jpg

The patch with the 2 big Samurais (patch looks smaller than usual)

P1030436.jpg

My first pair with the new contrast arcs

P1030437.jpg

The thick selvage

P1030438.jpg

I write a bigger review later along with measurements. But I can already say they shrink FROM tag size (as expected)

mine are still drying (or maybe they already dry? gonan check it ASAP)

I wouldn't wear them in this heat we had today...I think Edmond is just used to higher temperaures so he can pull if off better. But that enim looks not only thick but also ense (?). I don't think there will be much air going through it for ventilation

First review of the S5000VX24oz

I just put them on and it was a fight. Some of my jeans shrank to a smaller size than these but there was no problem to buttom them up and stretch them. I really needed some minutes till I could button these 24oz beast up.

They are now raping my hip ;-) I think it's my slimmest Samurai fit I currently own.

The denim is very thick and rigid but also not as slubby&irregular as the other Samurai denim. I think it's the same with the PBJ and SG heavy denim. Both brands are also known for slubby and irregular denim but the heavier, the cleaner the denim is woven. Maybe because the looms are already under such heavy stress that irregular yarns would torture the looms too much.

Measurements

waist: 34 / 33

front rise: 11,5 / 10,75

back rise: 15 / 14

thigh: 13 / 12,5

knee: 9,5 / <9,5

leg opening: 9 / 8,75

inseam: 37,5 / 35,75

Pre-soak fit pics

S5000VX24ozpresoak.jpg