Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm curious about the Samurai Thunder Soap. My 710s are about three months in and I'm thinking about a wash with the thunder soap at four. Any of you guys have any experience with it? I hear a couple of different things-- it retains indigo real well, it extracts indigo from points of high abrasion while keeping other places dark, etc. Just hoping to get some feedback from someone with personal experience. Thanks

Damn, Plalai, those are lovely.

As a follow up to my previous post, here are post soak pics:

005-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

And some shrinkage info; I turned them inside out, washed them in hot water on the delicate cycle, then tossed them in the dryer, high heat. I like to get as much shrinkage out of my jeans as possible right off the bat. I didn't do before measurements, since Gordon measured both of the pairs he got in the shipment and asked which pair I wanted (there was a .25 inch difference in the front rise and inseam). So I'm posting the numbers he gave me, as I trust him completely. Hell, his measurements are probably more accurate than mine.:) Be that as it may, I did do post wash measurements, so here are the numbers:

Pre: Post:

W=34 W=33

FR=11 FR=10.75

RR=14.75 RR=14

T=12.75 T=12

K=9.5 K=9

LO=8.75 LO=8.5

I=38 I=36.5

Thanks for the rep and comments, everyone. Oh, and yes, they are snug, but I'm hoping they'll relax the death grip on my thighs and genitals eventually.

super nice pair, plalai!

@HoustonChris: yeah the fit is kinda tight but as you said you washed these and put them in the dryer you might not have to fear any additional major shrinkage. Rock 'em!

Yuichi from kaizoku-pirates is taking orders for the S500JX-LR. Just mail him and tell him your size you want

here's some fit pics of the samurai's i own (went tts for all of them).. i was feeling a bit bored and chambo requested haha, so here you go! (just tossed jeans on and took pics, sorry about some of the ass in the pics lol)

s510vx - just received these today from chambo, the original owner hemmed these to 27.9 and tapered them.. they are a bit short but i think i can manage, the thigh is really loose (extreme comfort haha)

5078987981_c805c008e0.jpg5078988049_5def23f0f4.jpg

s0500xx - these are still raw, got these from 2nd awhile ago, seems like i'm going to store them longer since i got the s510vx

5078988327_68d2a49970.jpg5078988253_c49bd2a821.jpg

s710xx - these are about 13 months old, lost track of them, but i started wearing them last year august 23, initial soak and 3 hand washes

5079581358_8b5279ed71.jpg5079581460_080465b422.jpg

plalai, those are insane man

Damn, Plalai, those are lovely.

And some shrinkage info; I turned them inside out, washed them in hot water on the delicate cycle, then tossed them in the dryer, high heat. I like to get as much shrinkage out of my jeans as possible right off the bat. I didn't do before measurements, since Gordon measured both of the pairs he got in the shipment and asked which pair I wanted (there was a .25 inch difference in the front rise and inseam). So I'm posting the numbers he gave me, as I trust him completely. Hell, his measurements are probably more accurate than mine.:) Be that as it may, I did do post wash measurements, so here are the numbers:

W=34 W=33

FR=11 FR=10.75

RR=14.75 RR=14

T=12.75 T=12

K=9.5 K=9

LO=8.75 LO=8.5

I=38 I=36.5

Thanks for the rep and comments, everyone. Oh, and yes, they are snug, but I'm hoping they'll relax the death grip on my thighs and genitals eventually.

i soaked mine in very hot water and then put them through the dryer on high heat

tagged 33

W=34.5 W=33

FR=11 FR=10.75

RR=14.75 RR=14

T=13 T=12

K=9.5 K=9.25

LO=9 LO=8.75

I=38.5 I=36.5ish

sent them back to BiG today for a hem to 34. no cuff for me. maybe i'll do 35. guess I should decide

Crazy that ours are almost exactly the same, despite being tagged different sizes. I'm planning to send mine back to BiG to get hemmed, too.

Oh yeah, these are more or less TTS, Chambo. I have kinda big thighs, so I choose jeans more on that measurement than the waist. Based on skootb's pair, though, it wouldn't have mattered if I'd gone with the 33.

He's stocking them raw right?

yeah he will. he washes them at his shop for his customers but he know that customers from overseas want them raw. so he won't wash your pair when you order from him (nless you ask for it)

still can't believe how onje could "kill" the S510VX by hemming it to 27,5" and tapering it. but chambo is right. it's working for you. hopefully they won't shrink more with a wash

yeah he will. he washes them at his shop for his customers but he know that customers from overseas want them raw. so he won't wash your pair when you order from him (nless you ask for it)

still can't believe how onje could "kill" the S510VX by hemming it to 27,5" and tapering it. but chambo is right. it's working for you. hopefully they won't shrink more with a wash

Now are all the different Samurai models on the sight raw? and washed if you want them to be?

Now are all the different Samurai models on the sight raw? and washed if you want them to be?

see below:

all samurais are sold in raw state...

but some shops wash them. so does Yuichi wash most of his pants as the Japanese customers prefer one-wash. you can alweays ask him if he has some raw pairs in stock. but his one-wash jeans are good.

if he special orders a pair of jeans for you, you can decide if he should wash or not

can anyone direct me to photos of the S0505XXII ? seems like nobody owns these...I want a pair...just haven't really seen any fit/fade photos.

shouldn't they fit just like the S710?

not entirely sure..

thanks man! not a big difference, but they're 27.9 ;) if they do shrink.. hopefully they'll stretch back, anyone know if the length stretches back? i haven't really noticed in my 710s since they are either cuffed or stacked a bit