Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

thanks for the pics of the pocketbags. that are the nicest detail on those. still not feeling the two tabs and two different arcs though

Yeah, I agree with the two tabs but one or both can come off. I'm ok with the arcs and the pockets are cool. The denim, cut , pockets and donut buttons are the clincher for me and I don't have a pair of Samurai. Ed is helping me out with the order. Thanks man.

now fuck her in the ass teach her a lesson! bad girl

You may have a point there Ed.

how did they turn out?

Luckily, she did wash them on their own, inside out, and at 40 degrees on a 400 spin cycle with baby detergent.....they're currently drying. Unluckily, it was their first wash, they're stiff as fuck.

65958901.jpg

Does anyone know what the deal is with that vertical line and how you prevent it? It completely ruins well faded denim for me and I notice it happens when you put em in the dryer sometimes. I guess it's from inseam stitch because it's always perfectly aligned with it.

hate it so much

Hey Stacks - Happens to me with 47 501s - last three pairs did it and I washed on gentle, no spin, insideout and hung them to dry. So it's not any of that. My opinion is it's in the dyeing process - not enough of it. I guess the only way to prevent it is to hand wash and hang dry. I agree with you, it ruins the jeans!

^I've found with cheap jeans that it happens from being creased up in the washing machine and then the dryer just exaggerates it. The darker the denim the worse it gets. I think I heard that's what the whole washing inside out thing was supposed to fix but could be mistaken. Hand washing and line drying seems to be the way to avoid it.

Does anyone know what the deal is with that vertical line and how you prevent it? It completely ruins well faded denim for me and I notice it happens when you put em in the dryer sometimes. I guess it's from inseam stitch because it's always perfectly aligned with it.

hate it so much

I hate it also, kiya actually said this in the iron heart thread.

Those look amazing..

Three things you can do to avoid those crease lines:

1. Turn the jeans inside out before you wash them

2. Use cold water

3. Remove them from the washer as soon as they're done

and i think it's best not to put your jawns in the dryer, but hang dry them, instead. Hope that helps.

^I've found with cheap jeans that it happens from being creased up in the washing machine and then the dryer just exaggerates it.

Not just cheap jeans... the worst I had was my natural indigo SDA 103XX.

But I don't mind it. It's part of the vintage look for me. Take your jeans out before the spin cycle if you want to avoid it. I feel it happens less when the washing machine is full.

Whatever happens, you shouldn't really put your jeans in the dryer. IT sucks out the last sizing and resins from the warp yarns, and you'll lose some indigo along with it - and is a wasteful use of energy.

Lmao ed! Pictures when they dry..

Didn't turn out too bad, no nasty fades, not much loss of indigo, plus they've tightened up a bit, as they were a little too roomy. The denim is starting to show some nice colour variation too, I love 19oz Sams.

DSC05631.jpg

DSC05632.jpg

DSC05633.jpg