Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

sup guys

bought a pair of S5000VX 21oz a couple weeks back and i gotta say that i WOULD HAVE loved them, if they werent way to baggy on me (im a small guy)

originally i was gonna go with a 30 waist (about half inch bigger than my true waist) because i wanted a slightly baggy look, but the guy at americaya at the time kept insisting that I size up 2 sizes because they would shrink a ton. so i figured "eh he works here he knows whats up" and did it. get em home, soak em in some really hot water, toss em in the dryer for a bit, and what do you know, they havent tightened up hardly any.

So I'll probably try to sell them, i went back today and got a pair of eternals, i think 21oz is probably too hot for most of the year anyway (southern louisiana) but once these get broken in ill probably get a pair of boot cut sammies, sized down once.

sorry for the tl;dr :P heres the fit pics post soak

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

those looks good on you and take note tehy will continue to shrink each time you wash them just like mine

you think? i dunno. . i like the cut but prefer them to be a bit tighter around my thighs. if i would have gotten the 30s i think it would have been much better. and personally i think they make me look a bit chubby since im so short :(

honestly if i could get $250 for them id go buy a pair true to size tomorrow. but I dont think they will sell any time soon if even at all because of my height and having them hemmed

I worry that they will stretch out even more and be bigger than they already are. i dunno. i guess theyd look alright with some outfits =/ gonna hold on to em til I get back to the states and see what my fiancee thinks about them.

unless you put them through a hot wash/hot dryer then you don't know how much they will shrink.

i think you got a typical japanese fit, and one size up from a typical sufu fit, which is why the salesman thought you should go for the size you did.

unless you put them through a hot wash/hot dryer then you don't know how much they will shrink.

i think you got a typical japanese fit, and one size up from a typical sufu fit, which is why the salesman thought you should go for the size you did.

yeah put them in the macine and wash them at 60°C and then one more time in the tumble dryer. That should take care of more shrinkage

i soaked them for about 30 minutes at 48°C from the faucet plus maybe just under 2 liters of boiling water, then to the dryer for 20 minutes

but aiight, when i get back home in america ill really jack the heat up on them and let the dryer run full cycle before i make a final decision on selling or keeping. 48s the max temperature at the apartment im staying at here in japan so itll have to wait these last 3 weeks

thanks for the love everyone! much appreciated!

here's some fit pics cause someone asked a while...sams in washer right now!

img4299.jpg

img4298.jpg

color better in second pic. xpost from evo thread

i soaked them for about 30 minutes at 48°C from the faucet plus maybe just under 2 liters of boiling water, then to the dryer for 20 minutes
I agree with this. There is a world of difference between a hot soak and a hot wash. Don't give up until you try this.

My 21oz denim shrank like crazy. One hot water wash and the waist went from 33 to 31 (on a tagged 33 Lot 10 510 21oz), so you should be ok. Plus the 21oz doesn't stretch out much either (this isn't a 21oz VX denim is it?, because the regular XX 21oz denim stays shrunk).

My 21oz denim shrank like crazy. One hot water wash and the waist went from 33 to 31 (on a tagged 33 Lot 10 510 21oz), so you should be ok. Plus the 21oz doesn't stretch out much either (this isn't a 21oz VX denim is it?, because the regular XX 21oz denim stays shrunk).

its the VX, yeah. s5000vx

they are different believe me they go to that extent just to change the details of the denim color is slightly different too between the normal 21 and the zero 21 ...

Can someone help please!

I'm selling a pair of S0510XX-66 II on ebay Item number: 300448749419 and I've been told they say "Made in the USA" on the leather patch I can't find anywhere where it says Made in Japan. As these probably date from 2004 I don't know whether Samurai ever made jthis model in the USA at that time? Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Can someone help please!

I'm selling a pair of S0510XX-66 II on ebay Item number: 300448749419 and I've been told they say "Made in the USA" on the leather patch I can't find anywhere where it says Made in Japan. As these probably date from 2004 I don't know whether Samurai ever made jthis model in the USA at that time? Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have no idea Pete and hope you can get the right answer. That said, I do believe the info you pulled from Samurai's website is, in fact, the secret code sent to the Japanese fleet to bomb Pearl Harbor and not a description of the jeans.

Got the S510XX24OZL in the mail last week from Japan, size 28. Comparing the fitting with the regular S510xx24OZ size 29,

L1020823.jpg

In my opinion, the S510XX24OZL is not as stiff as the regular S510XX24OZ, I could easily button all the way up, vs. when the first time I tried to button the regular S510XX24OZ (when it's raw), it was VERY painful.

holy snot, the fit on those 510xx24oz's is great looking... did you have tapering done or anything? everyone makes it seem like 510s are uber-relaxed fit...

I have no idea Pete and hope you can get the right answer. That said, I do believe the info you pulled from Samurai's website is, in fact, the secret code sent to the Japanese fleet to bomb Pearl Harbor and not a description of the jeans.

Haha! Those auttranslators are brilliant!

Actually I think it means the cloth is cotton made in the USA rather than the jeans! So mystery solved I hope. Tried to get some S510 15 oz direct from Samurai but they won't sell direct anymore - used to sell to me until about 18 mths ago not sure if Toshiko is still there, someone else replied. I wanted the red tag and arcs in a w36 raw.