Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I live in Europe where there are no Samurai distributors. Last week I tried to order a jean from Samurai in Japan. They wrote me back to say that I would have to buy through HK or the US, they refused to sell to me. Samurai is not infringing on a Euro distributor by selling to me direct since there is no distribution here. What in the world could they be thinking?

It seems to me that the hoops one has to go through to purchase these Japanese products is amazingly strange (and too expensive.) If I buy a jean in HK or US, I will have paid HK/US customs and then be exposed to Euroland customs on entry here (double tax indenimity.)

How do you Euro guys buy these products?

I live in Europe where there are no Samurai distributors. Last week I tried to order a jean from Samurai in Japan. They wrote me back to say that I would have to buy through HK or the US, they refused to sell to me. Samurai is not infringing on a Euro distributor by selling to me direct since there is no distribution here. What in the world could they be thinking?

It seems to me that the hoops one has to go through to purchase these Japanese products is amazingly strange (and too expensive.) If I buy a jean in HK or US, I will have paid HK/US customs and then be exposed to Euroland customs on entry here (double tax indenimity.)

I've bought lots direct from Samurai although it is about 18 months since the last pair so maybe they stopped. I always emailed them direct and paid with credit card. Plus they marked as gift etc etc.

If you buy from BIG they will be accommodating re the customs problem.

i ordered s710 lot 13 sz.31 from take5. my true size is 30.

will it be slim fit on me?

will there any problem? too loose or something? sorry for super noob question

in the future, instead of writing "sorry for the super noob question", just search the thread for 5 minutes. lots of questions about these lately.

to answer your question, they will be a little big. lot 13 are true to size. i would have gotten a 30, or a 29 if you want super tight.

Just got my Jins, S0110XJ, in the mail from BiG today. I ordered tagged size 32, which is one up from my true waist of 31.

Pre-soak measurements / Post-hot wash measurements

waist: 16.5 / 15.7

front rise: 10.5 / 10

back rise: 15 / 14.25

thigh: 12.25 / 11.5

knee: 9.75 / 9

hem: 9 / 8.7

Post hot wash fit pics

img2758p.jpgimg2756.jpg

And any opinions on the triple cuff? I really should've gotten these hemmed

Edit: The ridiculous hip flare is really just a weird reflection off of the glass door. They look way more normal irl

in the future, instead of writing "sorry for the super noob question", just search the thread for 5 minutes. lots of questions about these lately.

to answer your question, they will be a little big. lot 13 are true to size. i would have gotten a 30, or a 29 if you want super tight.

if thats your problem, i just read the thread back and found nothing about my question. just so you know i've read back until page 900.

ok, does anyone here have some photos of an upsize 1 s710?

thanks

S710 - true to size for slim fit, down 1 for very slim fit
i ordered s710 lot 13 sz.31 from take5. my true size is 30.

will it be slim fit on me?

will there any problem? too loose or something? sorry for super noob question

FAIL

nobody reads the first page anymore. this problem happened with the first samurai thread. everyone just reads the last few pages and miss out on all the good info found early. sad all that hard work gimmegimme did to organize everything...

if thats your problem, i just read the thread back and found nothing about my question. just so you know i've read back until page 900.

ok, does anyone here have some photos of an upsize 1 s710?

thanks

dinomight had a pair a while back i think. why would you want to upsize the 710. might as well get the 0500 then

2nd is the way to go...

This won't help too much........My recent total to the UK came in around 31000 yen including UK VAT/Import Duty and handling.

However this may help.....

With my Mac I found it easy to just screen grab certain japanese phrases as you can view their pages in english & japanese, therefore you ensure you know the correct things to use.

I also used their measurement diagram and changed the inside leg to direct them to shorten to the desired length & chain stitch.

I have pixelated my details but the order was quite simple to do:

example2ndorder.jpg