Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Gotta admit I've been slinging my 710s like this lately, too. The kneebagging is atrocious, but I'm too lazy to get them hemmed. Too afraid it'll fuck up the fit, perhaps.

denim-wise? no, probably not. the same exact pair of jeans will fade much differently when handed to two separate parties. cut-wise, yes -- if you're buying a pair of lot 10 you will want to consider that they shrink from tagged size -- a size 30 raw measures 30" in the waist pre-soak.

okay then, but i haven't seen lot 12 with blue-ing faded, can you give me some pict?

@what ist los : those are lot 10 right?

What do you guys think of washing my 710xx in the washing machine at 30 degrees without detergent to shrink down the inseam? Because I have to tripple cuff them now, or I just step on them when im not wearing any shoes.

I've done a cold soak and a hot soak, will the washing machine take out some more shrinking of the inseam?

What do you guys think of washing my 710xx in the washing machine at 30 degrees without detergent to shrink down the inseam? Because I have to tripple cuff them now, or I just step on them when im not wearing any shoes.

I've done a cold soak and a hot soak, will the washing machine take out some more shrinking of the inseam?

yes, do it.

Hemming is an option...

Thanks guys...

They were my only jeans for a year, then I rotated them with another pair (the other pair getting most of the wear) for another 6 months.

I've only had to repair the crotch once and one of the back pockets was tearing away so I had that repaired too.

Awesome jeans. Still tons of life left too.

I'll take more pics soon.

Here are my s0500s which were sized down one from my S710 size. I sized down to 31 because the measurement charts for the thigh were exact the same as the 32 on the s710 however this was not true at all. The presoak size is exactly what I wanted as the post soak size.

Any chance these will fit after a hot soak? I'm guessing no :o

IMG_1434.JPGIMG_1433.JPG

Looking at the pics, I really like how the top block fits pre-soak.

I want to order again and size up 2 but I'm paranoid these were just a freak smaller than normal pair

No, definitely don't size up 2. I think you can get away with those -- Samurai's 15oz. Texas cotton denim stretches a bunch. However if you have the opportunity to exchange, you should probably get one size larger.

thanks guys for the advice! posting this in case it helps anyone with sizing:

My Lot 12 size 31 S0500

Pre-soak measurements

Waist: 32

Thigh: 12

Leg Opening (hemmed to 34.5): 8

BiG measurements for a 31 s0500

Pre-soak measurements

Waist: 33

Thigh: 12.5

Leg Opening: 8.25

Here are my s0500s which were sized down one from my S710 size. I sized down to 31 because the measurement charts for the thigh were exact the same as the 32 on the s710 however this was not true at all. The presoak size is exactly what I wanted as the post soak size.

Any chance these will fit after a hot soak? I'm guessing no :o

Just keep em, do some squats in em, and you'll be fine. Every pair of sams I have had (with the exception of the s5000vx ai-n) have stretched significantly with wear and time. I'd rather start tight and end perfect than start perfect and end baggy. Hot soaks will shrink em back down but they'll stretch back out again in a day or two...

Stacks - are you taunting us? please post some decent pics, looks like those are approaching amazing.

I am, they are. I don't want to prematurely photographate on these as I was wont to do with the natty sams (progress was way slower though, needed to maintain enthusiasm).

Oh and aquino those are sick especially for 5-6 months but gotta boo you on the hem. Sorry, I do not support this hem trend that has caught on (or stacks trend that is dying out).

Ahh, im so sad. Lot12 710s are sold out on big and take5 doesn't have any lot12 710's left either. =(. Does anyone know of any other denim store in hong kong that might have it? Also what are some denim stores in tokyo that might have it? thanks all!

another bump for my question, sorry for the annnoyance guys

Another shameless bump to mention that I'm selling my like-new pair of 0500's in size 31 over here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=187333

Just not the cut I'm looking for. :-( Unless, of course, I could somehow have these radically altered to fit much more slim in the top block... Anyone know anything about that?

s710xx, 6 months of wear, 1 initial soak, 1 hot hand wash, hung dry

post-wash and a couple days of wear

4461090196_28f5397d1c_o.jpg

4460309957_392a72fca5_o.jpg

4460330043_a0d5906e9e_o.jpg

first time i flipped the jeans inside out since i got them, the combs inside look pretty cool.. they shrunk quite a bit and did not lose much colour which is perfect