Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

i'm lovin the fit on my new S5000VX's but one thing is bothering me, the leg opening.

it is really big so it goes over my heels, and when i wear them outside there is quite a bit of heel drag. i'm not a big fan of cuffs, so should I do a 20 minute hot soak of just the leg openings to shrink them or will that fuck up the whole shape of the jeans?

one more thing.. there is quite a bit of ass bulge on samurais and hip flare too. how would you get that to go down?

hot wash no soap if that dont work you should get a smaller size. and FYI s5000 is a straight leg so the leg opening is gunna be bigger. 710 is the way you should of went.

if you hot wash with a little soap you'll get more shrinking out since the surfactants( i spelled it right this time) will be attracted to the wax in the sizing. it will also remove a good bit of starch, so the jeans will feel 'better', and shrink a bit more. i guess thats why they call it 'sizing'

Seconded on the 710 measurements. Stuck between a 33 and 34.

i think im a natural waist 31-32 but my thighs are kinda big so i went 32, the 2ndx710 shrank from tagged 32 to maybe a 30 or so but they stretched within 30 min of me busting my thumb tryna button em they fit fine so it shouldnt really matter

but you shoudl really true to size to get a nice fit

well the first wash/soak wont get all the shrink out anyway. about 3 will be needed to get ALL the shrink out. its also better if you let the jean dry completely between soaks.

i think im a natural waist 31-32 but my thighs are kinda big so i went 32, the 2ndx710 shrank from tagged 32 to maybe a 30 or so but they stretched within 30 min of me busting my thumb tryna button em they fit fine so it shouldnt really matter

but you shoudl really true to size to get a nice fit

I went true to size with my 710xx2nds, and I made a mistake. I haven't been able to soak or wash them because the waist is pretty tight and doesn't like to stretch.

I'm afraid to soak or wash them because if they shrink in the waist even half an inch, I won't be able to fit in them.

I should've sized up one or two - probably two.

I went true to size with my 710xx2nds, and I made a mistake. I haven't been able to soak or wash them because the waist is pretty tight and doesn't like to stretch.

I'm afraid to soak or wash them because if they shrink in the waist even half an inch, I won't be able to fit in them.

I should've sized up one or two - probably two.

Wear them in the bath whilst soaking?

Guest ChunkO
Nah. I might wear them a few more weeks to see if they stretch and do its first soak then.

stick a hanger in the waist while soaking. that's what I did and the waist came out perfect, and they WILL stretch so don't worry.

710xx I just got, size 33.

Postsoak, was about 45 minutes

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

I'm a 32, but decided to size up for the 710s. They fit well on

the waist, but the knee and below is less slim than I had hoped,

even without the stacks. Any ideas? I didn't find any 710s in 31 or 32.

Maybe taper, I dont think hotsoaking again would do much significant change?

If so, besides the chainstitching could most tailors do the taper?

710xx I just got, size 33.

Postsoak, was about 45 minutes

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

I'm a 32, but decided to size up for the 710s. They fit well on

the waist, but the knee and below is less slim than I had hoped,

even without the stacks. Any ideas? I didn't find any 710s in 31 or 32.

Maybe taper, I dont think hotsoaking again would do much significant change?

If so, besides the chainstitching could most tailors do the taper?

just toss them in the wash on hot and get the shrinkage out they will be good!

yeah unfortunately too big. Sizing up one for me usually works for other slim jeans, but not this time I guess.

they had just been hotsoaked for 45 min so I don't think another hotsoaking again with achieve much? just assuming, hence the questions.

Yes.

yeah unfortunately too big. Sizing up one for me usually works for other slim jeans, but not this time I guess.

they had just been hotsoaked for 45 min so I don't think another hotsoaking again with achieve much? just assuming, hence the questions.

Hot-washing will shrink your sammies wayyyyyyy more than a hot soak.

45 minutes wont do shit bro for full shrinkage you need to man up and use that washer.... why you think jeans come in one wash...not one soak.

Yes.

co-sign on what Selaviso said

Wash, on hottest setting. Take out before spin.

Soaking doesn't get nearly enough, agitation is key

Yes.

In conclusion, if you want more shrinkage, do a hot soak. I personally think you should've done more research on Samurais before you bought them.