Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Yeah, a 30 in APC would fit a 34 waist, but with Samurai you really only want to size down 1 or 2 from your actual waist. 3 would really be pushing it, 4 or 5 seems rididuclous!

Oh! Indeed <_<; I just really want to avoid hip flare, and my pants becoming overly baggy. I'll just go with 30 then, since my it measures two down from the actual waist measurement I got measuring my waist... haha. Sound good?

depends on the cut and your legs, I'd say. I remember some guy on here who sized down 4 but if I'm not mistaken they fit him fine in the legs from the getgo, he just had to sleep in them for a month+ to stretch the waist 3 inches.

Probably won't work unless you have some weird leg proportions, though.

depends on the cut and your legs, I'd say. I remember some guy on here who sized down 4 but if I'm not mistaken they fit him fine in the legs from the getgo, he just had to sleep in them for a month+ to stretch the waist 3 inches.

Probably won't work unless you have some weird leg proportions, though.

That's interesting, but no, I don't think I have weird leg proportions. My problem is I really, really dislike hip flare lol

If you size down 4 on Samurais and

A. you fit them, then you don't know your true waist.

B. you don't fit them, then you should know Samurais are not APCs

Yes, I'm pretty new to this whole game, so you know... Anyway, how exactly would I find my true waist? I just thought measuring my waist where I usually wear my pants would be sufficient, but now I'm definitely having second thoughts on that.

Yes, I'm pretty new to this whole game, so you know... Anyway, how exactly would I find my true waist? I just thought measuring my waist where I usually wear my pants would be sufficient, but now I'm definitely having second thoughts on that.

why do people refer to this as a game. they arent shoe fads.

and a measuring tape would work... duh.

just wear tights instead eh??

Point well taken. Consider I never said anything so lame.

why do people refer to this as a game. they arent shoe fads.

and a measuring tape would work... duh.

I didn't mean fad by game; only that I'm new to buying nice jeans. Also, I'm using a length of ribbon and a measuring tape that is usually used for construction <_< It gets the job done.

EDIT: Sorry, I was measuring my waist at completely the wrong place. My waist is actually 32 inches, measured from 2 inches below the navel.

Here's my samurai 0500xx's, they're at just over 9 months of wear I think

Had their 4th wash last weekend

They're coming along, takes quite a few wears after washing to get the waist a little looser and comfy again though, maybe shoulda got a 30

Hoping to wear them for years to come, they're keeping their color quite well and have lots of life left in them

In a few months I'll probably start to rotate them with a new pair that I haven't decided on yet

3279766881_ae7e9f1804.jpg

3280585494_4088122216.jpg

3280594930_c4aff1944e.jpg

fit

3279775011_a9a5ceb839.jpg

OK, so I got a little penance to do for bickering in the "you know you're addicted" thread. Here's some shots of my S510XX AI-N's that I've been wearing. I dedicate this post to Selaviso; one love, group hug.

Purchased last August, 1 initial soak 0 washes. No color adjustments.

P2154338_cr.jpg?t=1234741890

The pencil case came with the jeans, but will eventually be cannibalized for repairs. For now, it's a nice way to see how things are progressing. Someday, I'm gonna do a tab transplant, too.

P2154336.jpg?t=1234741516

Platinum threads, gold buttons, etc.

P2154341.jpg?t=1234741413

Backpockets - I started flipping my redmoon so the little metal indian doesn't bust out too quickly; I think in a couple of months this will look pretty cool, like the 2-side of a die.

P2154347.jpg?t=1234741029

P2154342-1.jpg?t=1234741331

th_P2154339_cr.jpg

Fade Mountain - click for big

th_P2154345_cr.jpg

Indigo Valley - click for big

Why not measurments?

They are size 32 raw (unsoaked) 21oz s5000's. I'll get measurements soon, but damn they are too tight for me!

I am so sad. So beautiful. So thick. The denim is amazing. The Arcs & Tabs beautiful. The $400 spent!