Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I didn't see much feedback about the s0610lx. I was thinking of getting a pair soon but I'm not sure about the amount of shrinkage and the size to get (28 or 30). For info, my true waist is 30, I went one size down for my s5000vx and they fit well (they're just a little bit loose in the thigh area now but it's not too bad). Any ideas?

Here's some pictures of my S0500XX's post-soak (see last page for pre-soak). Lighting isn't that great but you should just be able to see it okay.

They've had a hot soak in the tub for a few hours until the water had cooled down significantly and then hang dried. Do you think I should do another soak just to get all the shrinkage I can out of these? The fit is pretty slim at the moment which I don't mind but I'm looking forward to them stretching a little.

Front

img1381bj5.jpg

Back

img1383wb4.jpg

just got mine S0610LX, my actual waist measurement is 32-33. i went with a 32 and the fit is perfect after i soaked em in hot water then threw em in the hot dryer to get the shrinkage out. i actualy had to lay down on my bed to button em up at first but they have stretched out to perfection.

P.S. i only soaked for maybe 30 minutes then put them in the dryer. i don't think its the length of the soak or the water that shrinks em. it's essentially the heat. i lost no indigo i nthe soak, just the stuff that rubbed off in the dryer - so p.s. make sure you wipe down the inside of the dryer after you do that or the clothes you put in afterwards will blue lol.

Hi all in it came to £167.65 (PayPal rip you off with the exchange rate) and I asked them to mark jeans down to $40 and mark as a gift which they will happily do so you avoid customs charges. I measure about 30 round my natural waist and 31-32 round the hips but I went for a 30 even though these sit on the hips they do stretch a lot.

Post-soak pics to come later today, they may help you decide.

Wow they look great post soak. I was surprised how well the leg length fitted you too - are you quite tall? I would be intruiged to know the measurments.

Yeah you got stung there on the exchange rate. They normaly charge the business rate for transactions however the pound-yen rate is fluctuating so much at the moment which is putting me off slightly. What was the amount in yen before paypal changes it?

Thanks and for once with a new pair of jeans I'm really happy with them too.

The total price in Yen was 28,740 so I got a rate from PayPal of 1 GBP = 171.432JPY which as you say is pretty poor.

I'm about 6'2" I think so I am fairly tall. I sometimes find inseams too short so it's refreshing to find some that are long enough to cuff. I didn't measure the jeans pre-wash but just measuring them now the inseam is a good 36" and the waist is just over 30" so I wonder whether there might still be some minute shrinkage left - they're still a little damp though.

just got mine S0610LX, my actual waist measurement is 32-33. i went with a 32 and the fit is perfect after i soaked em in hot water then threw em in the hot dryer to get the shrinkage out. i actualy had to lay down on my bed to button em up at first but they have stretched out to perfection.

P.S. i only soaked for maybe 30 minutes then put them in the dryer. i don't think its the length of the soak or the water that shrinks em. it's essentially the heat. i lost no indigo i nthe soak, just the stuff that rubbed off in the dryer - so p.s. make sure you wipe down the inside of the dryer after you do that or the clothes you put in afterwards will blue lol.

Thanks. That's good to know ;) So I might go true to size then. Do you have fit pics by any chance?

well, after torturing 2nd with my broken babelfish'ed english->japanese, paypal using the wrong bank account on file to send the payment, and running back and forth between banks to make the money available, i put my order through for those s5000xx x 2nd jeans in 31. a little nervous about the fit, but we'll see. true waist is 31... but i'm 32.5" where i wear my jeans, so who knows. there's always marketplace if things don't work out!

yes the picture i really pretty accurate didnt adjust it just natural sunlight from the balcony... and the denim on the 710 is on the dirty side both are newly washed and they have this charcoal hue in them

Here's some pictures of my S0500XX's post-soak (see last page for pre-soak). Lighting isn't that great but you should just be able to see it okay.

They've had a hot soak in the tub for a few hours until the water had cooled down significantly and then hang dried. Do you think I should do another soak just to get all the shrinkage I can out of these? The fit is pretty slim at the moment which I don't mind but I'm looking forward to them stretching a little.

Front

img1381bj5.jpg

Back

img1383wb4.jpg

lmao

u need to sell or trade and size down

Guest patchmb
Are you joking, these things barely button up!

I think the fit looks good. Also bear in mind when you put them through the washing machine they will shrink more, just stop the machine before the spin cycle to avoid ugly creases from forming.

I soak then machine wash all new sammies to get max shrinkage out of the way. The only exception to this was with 5000vx 21 oz which i got washed from pirates. They are way small.

I think the fit looks good. Also bear in mind when you put them through the washing machine they will shrink more, just stop the machine before the spin cycle to avoid ugly creases from forming.

I soak then machine wash all new sammies to get max shrinkage out of the way. The only exception to this was with 5000vx 21 oz which i got washed from pirates. They are way small.

Thanks guys for the good comments, I won't listen to that one at the top then!

Thanks I'll give that a try. The waist does measure about 30.5" which makes me think there's a little bit left in them. Do you do a cold or hot wash in the machine? and I take it you don't use any detergent?