Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Wow, thanks so much for the quick replies!

I've been studying the first page pretty much for the past few hours now, haha!

I'm leaning towards the 710s, just want to make sure they're not going to be too skinny of a jean. If my waist is 33, am I right to go with a 35 for indigo and 34 for 33 in the BK version?? (Leaning towards the BK and judging that off of BIG's sizing)

Edit: I'm sorry to every body with such knowledge for all the "noob" questions. Should I take sagging into consideration when measuring my waist. I do like to sag a little bit below where the jeans usually sit. Thanks again!

How does one order from Rakuten?

ok got my s710bk's in. i have about an inch of room in the thighs and can button all but the top button Pre-soak. i'm going for a slimmer fit with these so i sized down 1. i know sams are supposed to stretch a good amount. i was going to do a warm soak with me wearing them. and i plan on not washing them ever as they would be too small in the waist after a wash. so does that sound like a good plan? only do soaks with me wearing them so the waist wont be too small? they fit good everywhere but the waist.

I ordered my s710's (lot 10) in the same size as my FH f310's and just got them in today. I plan on hot soaking them for a couple hours as they are very loose and was wondering if i'll be able to get a full inch of shrinkage through the legs. Throw them in the dryer maybe after my soak? I plan on putting something in the waist as it's already fairly tight so I'm not too concerned about them being too small post soak.

^^

That's not Edmond. Those are silly drawings of the owner of Take5 and Samurai respectively on the patch. Probably one of the coolest patches I've seen yet.

I ordered my s710's (lot 10) in the same size as my FH f310's and just got them in today. I plan on hot soaking them for a couple hours as they are very loose and was wondering if i'll be able to get a full inch of shrinkage through the legs. Throw them in the dryer maybe after my soak? I plan on putting something in the waist as it's already fairly tight so I'm not too concerned about them being too small post soak.

s710xx stretch quite a bit in my experience. Went from a 26 and they are now sitting comfortably at a 29, and could go more if I went belt-less. A soak with the hottest tap water you can get is a good initial start. But I would advise from doing the dryer because you'd lose the feeling of the rough and hard texture.

I would advise from doing the dryer because you'd lose the feeling of the rough and hard texture.

thanks for the words of wisdom, I wouldn't mind 2-3" stretch in the waist over some time as they are prett tight now so that's good.

As for the dryer, I remember in the old Samurai thread (my uncle just filled me in on this since he'd done it on his 0500's after I got him hooked on dry denim) but people were soaking then tumble drying for a while to get maximum shrinkage and then getting them wet again to drip dry. End results should be very similar if not identical to a simple soak but with the extra shrinkage from the dryer.

So before I go ahead with an order...

I measured my waist at where my shorts usually sit. I tend to sag my jeans a little lower but I feel like that in the beginning I will wear the jeans where I wear my shorts and after they stretch a little, I'll sag a little more.

That came out to a 33."

For the Indigo S710, 35?

For the Black S710, 34?

Thanks again and I'm sorry for all the stupid questions, it's just that I want them to fit perfectly.

What does eddy do again? Work at take 5? Own 2nd?

i want that job.

Here is a quote from Edmond in the "How many pairs of jeans do you own?" thread,

"yep dm is right im into construction/design/ consultation and female shoes/bags retail ( my fiance designs them )"

So before I go ahead with an order...

I measured my waist at where my shorts usually sit. I tend to sag my jeans a little lower but I feel like that in the beginning I will wear the jeans where I wear my shorts and after they stretch a little, I'll sag a little more.

That came out to a 33."

For the Indigo S710, 35?

For the Black S710, 34?

Thanks again and I'm sorry for all the stupid questions, it's just that I want them to fit perfectly.

Hey, Logikal Retro, stop ignoring everyone's advice. TRUE TO SIZE! Both a 34 and 35 would be huge! TRUE TO SIZE. DENIM STRETCHES.

Here is a quote from Edmond in the "How many pairs of jeans do you own?" thread,

"yep dm is right im into construction/design/ consultation and female shoes/bags retail ( my fiance designs them )"

Hey, Logikal Retro, stop ignoring everyone's advice. TRUE TO SIZE! Both a 34 and 35 would be huge! TRUE TO SIZE. DENIM STRETCHES.

I apologize. I thought true to size would mean POST SOAK.

So, if I go with a 33 (or 32 - which do people recommend?), they'll be fine post-soak? Thanks!

don't be a pussy, buy a 32.

tight jeanz=tight fadez

I'm not going with the BK's. Going with regular Indigo. I don't want super tight jeans. I just want a nice slim fit with a little (not baggy at all) breathing room to spare. I have a muscular body and quite big thighs. Super skinny + big legs isn't a good look IMO. Won't 32's go to a 30 after a soak? My waist is a 33....????

Edit: For the S710's, is there a diff. when ordering via BIG and a proxy from Rakuten? Both look like the arcs on the back aren't there.

s710xx sz 34

currently soaking, post wash fit pics and measurements tom.

pre-soak:

waist- 17.5"

thigh- 12.25"

knee- 9.25"

hem- 8.25"

DSC04384.jpg

DSC04383.jpg

lot 10- waist is pretty snug already, so I'm soaking it with a wooden hanger

DSC04387.jpg

2 hour soak, hottest water I can get out of the tap, exchanging water out for fresh hot water 2 or 3 times...

DSC04388.jpg