Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

is there any series fits like thinfinn...? or more towards skinny?

i will be going over to take5 hong kong soon.

should i buy 1 size down to accomodate the stretch?

i prefer to fit just rite or a little tight.

Guest jeffvyain

710s are the thinnest... or at least have been in the past. i haven't been keeping up 100%....just working the pairs I got. You're not going to find anything from Sammy that fits similarly though, regardless of how thin. Nudies have unnaturally long yokes. Not so with Samurai. Don't let that hold you back, though. You won't find another pair of jeans with the same type of quality craftsmenship as you will with this company--or fading characteristics.

^hes right actually, grasp. theres nothing made by samurai remotely like thin finns. and samurais da best :]

and yes, a size down will be good. thin finns such a trendy cut anyways. thats what i like about samurai, the absence of those trendy styles. get yourself something dope thatll last you.

eh, i think the 710s leg might be slimmer over all than those 0610s, they just have the lowest rise, and thin finns have a higher rise anyways so the too are pretty different

I've been wearing my s5000vx for a little over a month now and I want to hem them. I gave them 2 hotsoaks and 1 hot wash at the beginning and have been wearing them with stacking instead of cuffing. Should I hem them before or after another wash if I don't want to have weird fades near my ankle after the hem job?

nah no point. youre not gonna wear them for another 2 years or so. so what difference does it make? if theyre brand new and unsoaked you can trade them for a different size

if you get fatter or skinnier. and theyll be easier to sell and trade since theyre brand new

Hey guys, I was thinking about picking up some 5000VX's however I'm a little confused about sizing. Now I understand they are shrink to fit - So according to blue in green a 32 is a 34 before shrinking and should become a 32 after shrinking. If I normally wear a 32 in lee's and a 31 in APC (albeit they're both pretty loose after stretching) would this be a good size for a slim but not skin tight fit? I'm a little scared with no experience with STF type's before and given once they've been wet you can't really return them :( I'm worried about dropping 300+ (including shipping). Mind you APC's in 29 even after stretching are too tight if that gives anymore indication on what I need.

nice..i like...a lot.

so my 5000's are raw in my closet and will not be worn for another 1.5-2 years..

im wanting to hot soak just to see how they fit...

should i do it? should i do it?

yeah, dont do it, thatd be really stupid, if youre in fact not going to wear them for another 1.5 yrs. a lot can happen in that time, you can get fat, get skinny, need money for one thing or another, just grow tired of the style...

just save them, and when the time comes if all is still well hot wash that shittt :cool:

Hey guys, I was thinking about picking up some 5000VX's however I'm a little confused about sizing. Now I understand they are shrink to fit - So according to blue in green a 32 is a 34 before shrinking and should become a 32 after shrinking. If I normally wear a 32 in lee's and a 31 in APC (albeit they're both pretty loose after stretching) would this be a good size for a slim but not skin tight fit? I'm a little scared with no experience with STF type's before and given once they've been wet you can't really return them :( I'm worried about dropping 300+ (including shipping). Mind you APC's in 29 even after stretching are too tight if that gives anymore indication on what I need.

I wear a 31 APC NS also...but it's pretty tight on me, I have to go through great lengths to stretch it enough so that it isn't skin tight on the thighs.

I wear a 33 in Samurai 0500xx, which is basically the same thing sizing-wise as Samurai 5000vx.

It would also help if you put them on and sat in a hot bath (to shrink them yourself), that way the waist wont ever shrink too small. I used BiG one-wash service...thus the pain in getting the waist to stretch.At first I couldn't even come CLOSE to buttoning top button. After 30 mins I could button it (kinda painfully). After maybe a day, the waist wasn't bothering me anymore. And today the Sams are a per-fect fit for me.

Also...depending on how short you are and if you are willing to cuff, I would just have your 5000s one-washed and then hemmed to maybe an inch or 2 bigger than your normal inseam length. The hem of the jean is too big to stack without dragging on the ground, for me anyways.

So...if you are a baggy 31 APC NS, 32 in S5000vx will prob work for you. Keep in mind it may be very tight at first, but it WILL STRETCH.

I wear a 31 APC NS also...but it's pretty tight on me, I have to go through great lengths to stretch it enough so that it isn't skin tight on the thighs.

I wear a 33 in Samurai 0500xx, which is basically the same thing sizing-wise as Samurai 5000vx.

It would also help if you put them on and sat in a hot bath (to shrink them yourself), that way the waist wont ever shrink too small. I used BiG one-wash service...thus the pain in getting the waist to stretch.At first I couldn't even come CLOSE to buttoning top button. After 30 mins I could button it (kinda painfully). After maybe a day, the waist wasn't bothering me anymore. And today the Sams are a per-fect fit for me.

Also...depending on how short you are and if you are willing to cuff, I would just have your 5000s one-washed and then hemmed to maybe an inch or 2 bigger than your normal inseam length. The hem of the jean is too big to stack without dragging on the ground, for me anyways.

So...if you are a baggy 31 APC NS, 32 in S5000vx will prob work for you. Keep in mind it may be very tight at first, but it WILL STRETCH.

Thats good info thanks! Yeah my 29 APC's fit fine in the waist but my thighs are massive and don't fit. Samurai thigh measurements look just about right - so um 32 it is. Thank you for your information!