Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Thanks for the rep people.

Those have aged very nicely emmit. The cut is very nice on you too, how did you size them?

I sized down 2. When I got them I could button them up all the way pre-soak and they fit good in the waist. I knew they were going to be tight post-soak, so I wore them damp, and they stretched fast.

I think I'm going to get a 32 in the 710s, because of the sizing issues they had with them, and they don't seem to stretch as much. I have them in 30 (in the supermarket) and they are super tight post-soak. I think a 32 will fit more slim straight, but with a tighter hem than the 5000s. Plus going to a 32 will give me a higher rise.

Edmond...getting from BiG? Anyhow, I would suggest you size 2 up. So if you're normally a 30 you'd get 32. They only produce in even sizes and if you get your normal size, you'd be trying to fit your true waist in low rise jeans

^youre correct in that, but i believe pbj and sda both use 100% cotton thread as well, am i right?

i can't verify that the sdas are 100% cotton thread but they are the only pair i've had with no thread breakage. i think the threads on those are the exception, rather than the norm. and don't the pbjs have super thick stitching a la onis et al?

so.... yesterday when I was about to wash my USA's i discovered that the crotch was about to blow out, so I got it fixed... when I was on the merge of throwing them in the washer I also found out that the threading on one of the backpockets are coming apart, got it fixed aswell...

my question is... I have never experienced this before with any jeans, which I have worn for over twice the time I have worn my USA's... neither SDA 103's, PBJ XX007 or my Ande Whalls has ever even have a torn apart thread.. now it has happened twice to my sammies... and i simply cannot figure out why, because i wash all my jeans with two months periods and i didnt wear the USA's any harder than any of the other jeans...

i'm not the first one with this problem with samurais i guess, so whats the fuzz? why arent sammies as durable as other jeans?

For the record the stitching is coming apart on the crotch of my USA's too :(

So.... for clarification, are the 710s still accurate according to the faq on the first page? i know i heard about there being sizing issues w/ different lots. just being curious thanks :)

So.... for clarification, are the 710s still accurate according to the faq on the first page? i know i heard about there being sizing issues w/ different lots. just being curious thanks :)

I've got a pair of size 33's coming from BiG next week, so I'll post the measurements up when I get them. Now that I think of it, I could have asked Gordon to measure them for me before ordering...

Quick question. Any bigger guys sized down on the 710s? I was looking at the measurements on BIG's website and the measurements for the bigger sizes are almost dead on with the measurements for my F380s. My Flatheads fit nice but definately a more relaxed than slim fit. I would want the jeans to fit more like new standards.

Quick question. Any bigger guys sized down on the 710s? I was looking at the measurements on BIG's website and the measurements for the bigger sizes are almost dead on with the measurements for my F380s. My Flatheads fit nice but definately a more relaxed than slim fit. I would want the jeans to fit more like new standards.

I'd like to know more about the 710s also..