Had my friend snap these today..

Once again..

Samurai S710xx sz. 33

4 Months Old

3 Soaks No Washes

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4865.jpg

class action props:

DEKA: nice off-beat sams! i guess the key to the dope fit is taking them in from the inseam...

EDMUNDEMONITO: that shirt is hard as shit...just dont buy 10 more before you show us some fades!!!

B-DAWG why not? of course you can pull it off! focus!

IAKONAFUJI: ooooh! now i see how you got so muck rep in less than 20 posts...im a fan. the 710s always fade nicely...you'll be showing the ol' rivets in no time.

sorry to not search first(sue me), but quick question: where does samurai source its denim from? do they mill theyre own shit, or is it ordered out?

i dont like comenting on any mans posterior pics, but tabris' fit should serve him well. question, somebody please tell me what the xx means!?! and are all of nogami's cuts with the xx made of texas cotton. help a brother out. i keep asking this question, but no one answers me. im starting to feel some kind of way...

nice BKs, neoneko.

i dont like comenting on any mans posterior pics, but tabris' fit should serve him well. question, somebody please tell me what the xx means!?! and are all of nogami's cuts with the xx made of texas cotton. help a brother out. i keep asking this question, but no one answers me. im starting to feel some kind of way...

not all is made from texas cotton with XX on the model

I've heard the XX came from the rivets in backpockets on Levi's but I know that was also the name that Amoskeag gave to the denim that Levi's used. I'm sure Paul could give you an answer.

edit: did NOT get the card reader back :( it is stuck at my friend's work.

i asked paul T, and his reply was spot-on. keep in mind i asked this late at night, and before i could wipe the boogers from my eyes, the knowledge was bestowed...this dude is off the chainstitch!!!

Re: ?xx?

Quote:

Originally Posted by salaami

:confused: ive always been told to ask the knowledgeable to erase my ignorance, so here goes...what does the xx in certain denim models mean? ive been told that it came from levis, and that it has something to do with the hidden rivets. could you please elaborate? thanks in advance...

Hi, XX was originally Levi's code-name for Amoskeag denim, which was supposed to be superior quality. All their ads would say something like "made of high quality Amoskeag XX denim". IN fact, the 501 was called XX before it was called the 501 (full name 501XX). THey kept the 501XX name on the tag until the 60s, when it became simply '501. (So the XX does have something to do with hidden rivets, in that it disappeared from the tags at the same time that the backpocket rivets disappeared).

Later they revived the '501xx' name for the Shrink To Fit model.

Hope this helps

Paul

user_offline.gif

so the winner is 40oz. he was on the right track. it has something do do with amoskeag, the rivets, and the 501 model name...

you can definitely rely on Paul T for levi's knowledge... i was always under the impression that the XX was just a term coined by levi's that indicated it was shrink-to-fit denim.