Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

hey guys, planning on getting my first pair of samurai's, and I think I'm going to go for the s710. my biggest issue right now is the sizing. I've done some research but I'm still at a bit of a conflict here, so some help would be appreciated...

My most comfortable size is 30". I wear a 29 in nudie (size down 1), and I tried on my friend's flathead 3001 in size 31 (after soak + no wear) and they were tight, but probably a perfect fit since they'd stretch out. Am I right in assuming a 31 would be the right size to go with?

I did some reading in this thread, and someone mentioned they're a 31 in fh3001 and they went with 31 in the s710 and they were too small...something about Lot 10 running small because of the 19oz denim? Should I go for 31 or play it safe and go for a 32? Thanks

I was thinking of getting a pair of S710BK but BiG don't stock my size (anyone know if they'll get a restock?) so I'm thinking of getting the indigo ones instead, can I still count on the length shrinkage beeing about 1"?

hey guys, planning on getting my first pair of samurai's, and I think I'm going to go for the s710. my biggest issue right now is the sizing. I've done some research but I'm still at a bit of a conflict here, so some help would be appreciated...

My most comfortable size is 30". I wear a 29 in nudie (size down 1), and I tried on my friend's flathead 3001 in size 31 (after soak + no wear) and they were tight, but probably a perfect fit since they'd stretch out. Am I right in assuming a 31 would be the right size to go with?

I did some reading in this thread, and someone mentioned they're a 31 in fh3001 and they went with 31 in the s710 and they were too small...something about Lot 10 running small because of the 19oz denim? Should I go for 31 or play it safe and go for a 32? Thanks

just measure your waist where you intend to wear them and purchase that tag size. lot 10 will shrink down to tag size. it doesn't matter if someone else was a 31 in the 3001 because they'll probably be built differently than you are. just go with your own measurements and the ones on the websites.

just measure your waist where you intend to wear them and purchase that tag size. lot 10 will shrink down to tag size. it doesn't matter if someone else was a 31 in the 3001 because they'll probably be built differently than you are. just go with your own measurements and the ones on the websites.

wrong, lot 10 shrinks FROM tag size

2nd is great!

S0500

will soak them later tonight

and add measurements

how much did you end up paying? im lookin to purchase from 2nd also

recon99: if i were you, id get those babys hemmed. me, i wouldn't even walk into SE if i was in SF especially with a pair of nogami-san's on, but kiya might be the only one around you with a union special. rid yourself of the fulsom cuff, especially with the slip-ons.

alsneaker: sell/trade/whatever those as soon as you realize you spent 3 bills on jeans that are too big. they are NOT going to shrink as much as you may like them to, fuck what ya heard. the #1 key to rocking a pair for a long time is patience, and the key to patience is having a fit you like. but if you actually like the fit of these, ignore this post and enjoy the ride...

Guest Marw

Pre-Soak measurements(BiG style):

Waist: 35,5

Front rise: 11,5

Back rise: 15,5

upper thigh: 24

knee: 9.75

Hem: 9

Inseam: 37.5

Pre-soak fit:

sam05001en9.jpg

sam05002pk4.jpg

sam05003lg9.jpg

(not the best pics, but you get the idea)

I've soaked it once in the hottest tap water(almost boiling), and I'll dry them up and soak them again

hm, not from my experience with my lot 10 710 and 5000, they shrank to the tag size. after a wash i got similar measurements as listed on the sam website. anyways, just go true to size and you'll be fine dibadiba.

http://www.samurai-j.com/contents/jeans/s710xx19oz/index.htm

okay, thanks for your help guys. I'll do a quick measurement, but I guess I'll be going with a sz. 30 then

Guest Marw
also, assuming I get a 30 and I judge that the waist will be too small after a soak, would it be wise to just hot soak them while wearing them so the waist doesn't shrink too much?

just soak them, the waist will stretch out to pre-soak measures, maybe even more

rockon99: if i were you, id get those babys hemmed. me, i wouldn't even walk into SE if i was in SF especially with a pair of nogami-san's on, but kiya might be the only one around you with a union special. rid yourself of the fulsom cuff, especially with the slip-ons.

Wait like, i shouldnt take my sams to SE? or i should be embarassed for going there w/ them cuffed like that? haha cos they werent when i went there.

Rockon99: just curious how tall are you?

im 5'10''

everybody knows the lil beef salaami has with SE over dude selling samurais wihout nogami-san's express approval. i gotta lot of neg.rep for saying something, but who needs rep from people they dont know? it was like saying bush cheated in the election, and people calling you a terrorist! dude is a "denim heavyweight", and he does a lot of good, but he fucked up that time, especially when he said he was the only one who was supposed to be selling sams in the US! but anyway, salaami always speaks the truth, regardless of consequence. rep be damned.

PS: watch what you say about some people here on sufu, especially those who pay for advertising...you may get a little tech.difficulty with posting.

everybody knows the lil beef salaami has with SE over dude selling samurais wihout nogami-san's express approval. i gotta lot of neg.rep for saying something, but who needs rep from people they dont know? it was like saying bush cheated in the election, and people calling you a terrorist! dude is a "denim heavyweight", and he does a lot of good, but he fucked up that time, especially when he said he was the only one who was supposed to be selling sams in the US! but anyway, salaami always speaks the truth, regardless of consequence. rep be damned.

PS: watch what you say about some people here on sufu, especially those who pay for advertising...you may get a little tech.difficulty with posting.

wait wait wait you said something about kiya? whaaaaa? :confused:

i remember that SE use to carry samurai then they stopped, no ideaaa on what happened

toufu, just pm kiya, and ask him if he ever had official, express consent from nogami-san himself to sell his jeans @ self-edge. better, ask him if he was (as advertised by him, no less) the "only authorized seller of samurai in the US". im done with getting flack by putting dude on blast, even though im 100% direct, and correct. ask yourself this: as hot as SE is right now, and as hot as samurai is, why did dude abruptly stop selling them? kiya is not, and will not ever be gordon...BIG up, SE down! salaami done. any more questions, pm me.