Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Those look great demonito.

This might be a dumb question.. but do they have the "samurai soap" somewhere i could get it in the US? could i ask blue in green to special order it?

That soap stinks!!! I picks some up the other day but haven't used it yet. How does it go? How much did you use? When you open the box, it looks like a block of coke or something the way it's packaged! Hahaha.

It's the same as "Thunder Red" brand soap (note the Samurai name for it is "Kaminari", which means thunder and lightning).

It has a slightly mawkish smell because it is made from pure soybean oil, which, apparently, has a lower melting point than other oils, making it ideal for cold-water washing. I believe you can get it through BiG (amongst other places), at least I saw some there last year.

Just got my s0500xx's fromf findmybetterhalf. I was thinking they would be to small but they are just right. I wish there was a bit more taper in the leg but thats what I'll order 710's for. These will be my work jeans.

Its also my first experience with Samurai denim. Needless to say, they are now my favorite denim company.

Just got done with a warm soak...Will post pics if anyone is interested.

just put on my 5000 21oz. its an awesome cut, fit pictures will come soon.

and pre- and post-wash measurements too please. ive been agonizing over what size to get in these. not sure if the sizing error was corrected.

Just got my s0500xx's fromf findmybetterhalf. I was thinking they would be to small but they are just right. I wish there was a bit more taper in the leg but thats what I'll order 710's for. These will be my work jeans.

Its also my first experience with Samurai denim. Needless to say, they are now my favorite denim company.

Just got done with a warm soak...Will post pics if anyone is interested.

glad they fit well! nice meeting you the other day too. anyway, post pics soon plz.

and pre- and post-wash measurements too please. ive been agonizing over what size to get in these. not sure if the sizing error was corrected.

it definitely wasnt corrected, the waist was pretty small still by comparison, but its stretched out much easier than i thought already. i wouldnt hold it against them by any means

i did a 45 min hot soak in the washer, dont think the thing actually agitated...

anyways, s5000vx 21oz measurements, before/after:

tagged w32

waist- 16" / 15.25"

rise- 11" / 10.5"

thigh- 12.5" / 12.25"

knee- 9.25" / 9"

hem- 8.75" / 8.25"

inseam- 37'' / 35.25"

i have a feeling theyre still may be some shrink left in them, which i hope is wrong because i love they way they are, but fuck it... ill wear forever before a wash.

ive never worn a 5000 cut for an extended amt of time, i love the lower rise, no other sams of mine feel like that when worn.

im thinking im going denim free from now on with these... way too many jeanzz

So sorry about the shitty pic, but you get an idea of the fit:

Tag size: 31

Measured size after warm soak: 30

IM003065.jpg

It doesnt "flare" but but they are mid rise jeans So unless your waist is larger than your thighs (which would be really weird) then the denim is going to come in a bit. It looks natural.

If you dont want that then go get some low rise Diors or sag them like crazy...or something.

ktothe, looks really good. i dont know why i couldnt hold onto the fit...i think it might be the way the thighs are cut on those that put me off...but looks great on you

The thighs are roomy. Which is good is good for me because I tend to stretch out jeans when I sit down causing them to lose their shape. These have just enough room for my fat thighs to spread out so they wont look all weird after months of wear, unlike my Skulls.

wow... so you sized up one from you're tag size... I'm just getting more and mre confused by the sizing! How do they fit on the waist? Also I guess that these are part of the tainted batch of Sam's

Dont use me as a measuring stick...because my body is odd.

My measured waist is 30. Where I would normally wear jeans, around my hips, is 34. However because of the mid-rise and antifit I dont have to sag these and it results in a very nice fit. I cant pull them down around my hips, the waistband is much to small for that.

good news lot 11 samurai jeans wont have the lot 10 ( later ones ) size problems!!!! my s710bk's came in today.. perfect! 34 is really a 35 1/2 pre soak

good news lot 11 samurai jeans wont have the lot 10 ( later ones ) size problems!!!! my s710bk's came in today.. perfect! 34 is really a 35 1/2 pre soak

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the lot refer to the type of denim? So wouldn't the type of denim vary between black and indigo versions of the same cut?

Also, besides actually measuring, how do you know if you have early or late lot 10's? It's not like the date is on it or anything.

I have lot 10 s5000vx, how would I be able to tell if they were from the dud sizing run of jeans? It doesn't matter, they fit nice, I'm just curious.

would you mind taking post soak measurements on them, for the waist, thigh, knee, hem, and front and back rises?