Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

though they look like different jeans, liking the fit on both.

Agreed.

Do any 0500 wearers also have a pair of 811's? What sizing difference have you gone for and what kind of fit has it resulted in?

I have size 34 811's after following the advice of sizing up 2 from normal size. They were quite a loose at the waist, crotch, seat and not overly slim through the legs. Not worn them much so havent witnessed much stretch/change but another very hot soak did improve the fit.

I then got a pair of 0500s in size 32 but they were the lot 10 so measured about 30 after a soak in the waist. Were pretty tight to start despite putting a hanger in the waistband. The waist is absolutely fine now after stretching. I'd say the fit is pretty similar through the leg now in both but the crotch and seat area is more fitted in the 0500s than the 811s

can anyone confirm/deny if lot 10 (710 in particular) are still having sizing "issues"? as in, a 31 raw will measure 31 in the waist instead of shrinking to 31 after a soak? also, is it just the waist measurement that is affected or the entire jean?

can anyone confirm/deny if lot 10 (710 in particular) are still having sizing "issues"? as in, a 31 raw will measure 31 in the waist instead of shrinking to 31 after a soak? also, is it just the waist measurement that is affected or the entire jean?

Just waist affected

Would like to have he same info for the S5000VX...?thanks

Guessing it's pretty hard for people on here to tell you as shops probably have a mix of new and old stock, so the jeans you recieve could be just hot off production, or from months ago. If you're really concerned about it, i'd suggest asking the shops concerned themselves to measure the jeans you want to buy. I would presume that even if jean sizing returns to 'normal', there will 1. still be variation, and 2. still be people recieving the odd lot 10 jeans in a years time as shops get rid of their old stock (example: I recently ordered a pair of SDA-in the pics they were the new style with no tab, new patch-all post lawsuit-but the jeans that I got were pre lawsuit. I wasn't really bothered either way, but my guess was that this is happening lots to people as shops get rid of last year's inventory.

i think buddha's got some more thighs on him than me. thus my legs looking slimmer.

again my biggest complaint with these jeans are cuz of how the jeans are cut around hips and thighs. i dont fill them in so it sometimes baloons out. looks like budda fills them in alittle better

mmm how about height? frnd, you're pretty tall aren't you ?

I have a feeling that height might play a pretty decent role in how it fits.

wdyw_147.jpg

thats roughly how the 0500s in 29 fit on me

i think the differences might be that:

1) mine have only been soaked once

2) height/amount of stacking plays into it...with more stacking on a shorter person, the jeans look a bit baggier

3) i got thunder thighs

4) I wear my jeans pretty low...if I pulled them to actual waist level they actually look much slimmer.

sooo i have a lot 10 0500xx. does that mean it is smaller in the waist than normal? or bigger in the waist. Its my first pair of sams, so i really didnt know what to expect. and i have nothing to compare it to, except apcs, which are totally different.

OK I'm about to order my first pair of Samurais from Japan and I need some help. I don't know anything about the different styles (the reason I am buying Samurai is for the long inseam, I am tall and thin). I am a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of styles on offer and described at the beginning of this thread. Can anyone recommend me something similar to a regular 501?

Also I am a W31 in Sugar Cane 1947. Anyone know if Samurai W31 is the same?

Thanks!

It would be good for you to try and contact whomever you are trying to order from to find out if their stock (or at least the pair you'd be getting) is from Lot 10 or not. I'm sure you can find the sizing issues with them in abundance on here... If you're interested in something similar to the 1947 cut, then perhaps the 5000 cut is what you're after.

OK I'm about to order my first pair of Samurais from Japan and I need some help. I don't know anything about the different styles (the reason I am buying Samurai is for the long inseam, I am tall and thin). I am a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of styles on offer and described at the beginning of this thread. Can anyone recommend me something similar to a regular 501?

Also I am a W31 in Sugar Cane 1947. Anyone know if Samurai W31 is the same?

Thanks!

The S5000 is the "standard" slim-ish cut, but the 510 would be closer to the classic 501. If you want the leg to be tapered a bit, then go for the 0500.

Not sure about sugarcane sizing, but you'd typically size down 1 from your normal size.

the 0500XX was not "affected" by the sizing issue..should shrink to tagged size...

Ahhhhh... That's good to know. Its just really wierd how the fit from the knee down is different on everyone. I was hoping to get a fit like findmybetterhalf and HJJ and get a 29" (sizing down 1 and a bit from my true waist) - thoughts?

21oz of course.. or the texas cottom 15oz s510
Thanks chaps. Looks like the 510 for me. I notice it comes in 15, 19 and 21 oz... how do you choose? Is heavier better for cold weather?

It really depends on how hard you wear your jeans. The heavier the thicker which usually means less holes/rips. I personally like heavier denim but I only wear my jeans to school so lighter denim would probably be more ideal for me but I don't think the difference is that large.

guys i jus want to asking about the right fit sammy for my ass

for now i'm using the 34 nudie even steven

that fit quite tight for me that result just a little whisker

i'm preparing to pick a sammy for my next project

what sammy do you guys think right for me

i prefer to take the s0500XX what size that will fit perfectly with me

34/35

cheers