Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Thanks arem, good info.

I've always found that agitation shrinks denim more than a soak. That's why I usually soak and then throw them in to the washing machine to get as much shrinking out as possible. I soak for about 3 hours with two water changes (less or more if needed) mainly to get as much of the starch out of the fibres as possible.

The way I see it, jeans will shrink once the dry starched cotton fibres get wet. Starch is removed at a molecular level and the yarn can 'relax' for the first time, leading to shrinking and twisting (loosening). However, a starch coating tends to protect the cotton fibre from water. If you drip a few drops onto brand new raw denim, the water tends to bead off like oiled leather. So a hot soak works better than a cold soak and agitating the denim will cause it to be fully hydrated, getting the most shrinkage out as possible.

Sounds logical. What about when you use a dryer though, I've personally found that produced a lot of shrinkage, in Sam's at least.

Find, great fit!

but using the dryer will harm the denim thats why most manufacturers advice buyers not to use the dryer as much as possible.. well again its your denim you can do watever you want with it

i really hate to ask these questions...because the measurements really tell it all. but, what do you guys recommend for sizing on the s0500x's? Down 1 from "normal" waist?

i think i sized down two.. but they're kinda tight. i like it that way though: the way the legs are it doesnt look skinny on me. but im not a tiny guy so... maybe im not the one to answer that haha

received my size 29 21oz 5000vx's and as predicted they're too small so I'm selling them - anyone intersted? Measurements are as follows

These are measurements following a 1 hour warm soak,

Waist 29"

Front Rise 10.5"

Back Rise 13"

Upper thigh 11"

inseam 36"

knee 8.5"

Jeans are Japan edition with arcs and tab

Jeans are unworn, I tried slipping them on followiung the soak and realised straight away that even with if they were to stretch a bit it was a lost cause.

Jeans will ship from the UK.

Price $300 USD

Where are they too small (waist, thighs, etc.)? They stretch A LOT as I'm sure you've read.
Pretty much all over, I've had regular 17oz 5000's before so I know about the streching but I'm probably 2 sizes too small on these ones. I think there's a chance that I can stretch them out enough to do the waist up eventually but they're gonna be skin tight if I do do that and it's not really the look I'm going for.

Pretty much all over, I've had regular 17oz 5000's before so I know about the streching but I'm probably 2 sizes too small on these ones. I think there's a chance that I can stretch them out enough to do the waist up eventually but they're gonna be skin tight if I do do that and it's not really the look I'm going for.

Gotcha...I missed the part that they were 21oz....I'm not sure if those stretch as much.

they will stertch not as much as the 17 oz and a little less than the 19oz regular sam denim.. been wearing mine for a week the only part stretching out is the knee buldge ( been wearing a belt on the waist too..( s5000vx 21oz)

yeah truthfully I'm not sure what my natural waist is anymore...but that's what I wear in most normal khakis, chinos, shorts, etc.

I hot soaked, stuck a spatula in the waist and wore them on my hips (painfully) for a few days. now they're comfy. will probably do another hot soak soon though to try and shrink the thigh area.

Samurai denim does stretch, a lot. so long as you wear them where you want they'll strech to it w/ a little time.

yeah def do a second soak. second soak on mine improved the fit.

but yeah, alittle over a week now and these things are fading pretty damn fast.

i agree, my 1 month mark just passed recently and i already see fades on my whisker area :)

damn how did some of you guys size down 2 on 0500. i have natural 32 waist and got a sz 31 and im still having a hard time with the waist. this is AFTER i stuck a hanger in the waist...or maybe im just in denial and my natural waist isnt 32..havent measured in awhile

i dont think these guys soak..

you dont think these guys soak? da hell does that mean?

it doesnt fit you pre soak right? how the hellc an the sizes these guys are saying could fit them post soak?

or theyre lying with their pant sizes?

man common sense

I also 2 size down from my s5000vx. I got 32. True waist 34"

When I soak it, I placed rectangular cookie sheet on the waist to avoid much shrinkage.

Now, it fits me a littleee bit tight on the waist, but not painfully tight.

I also lose a couple pounds.. Maybe that is the explanation why I can fit : )

Btw, fndmybetterhalf...

when you soaked your 0500xx, you already placed a hanger at the waist, right? how come it is still tight? even you only sized down 1.

041208.jpg
DSC05635.jpg

This has confused my size decision even more... I don't understand how a 31" can look thinner than Bhudda's 30"? Bhudda I presume yours are soaked? They just look so much looser than FindMyBetterHalf's.....

i think buddha's got some more thighs on him than me. thus my legs looking slimmer.

again my biggest complaint with these jeans are cuz of how the jeans are cut around hips and thighs. i dont fill them in so it sometimes baloons out. looks like budda fills them in alittle better