Top 5 T.V. Shows

Boredom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do TV mini-series or doco count as TV shows? I rarely watch stuff that run over multiple seasons. From the top of my head:

Scenes from a Marriage (6 episodes of Swedish masterpiece, directed by Ingmar Bergman with production quality, story, and depth beyond any of his feature films. With Liv Ullmann and Erland Josephson.)

Yes, Minister / Yes, Prime Minister (BBC comedy with hilarious and accurate portrayal of British government system with some of the best actings I've ever seen in comedies.)

Dekalog (10 parter showing the lives of a small Polish community. Each episode deals with morality and human conflicts loosely based on one of the ten commandments. By Krzysztof Kieslowski.)

Planet Earth (I think there was even a thread for this somewhere here.)

The Kingdom (Disturbing, in a good way, horror drama set on a hospital in Denmark. By Lars Von Trier. I hate Lars Von Trier but this I enjoyed very much.)

Honourable mentions:

When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts (dir. Spike Lee)

Fanny and Alexander (dir. Ingmar Bergman)

Berlin Alexanderplatz (dir. Rainer Werner Fassbinder)

Black Adder (starring. Rowan Atkinson)

Monty Python's Flying Circus (by Monty Python)

Futurama (from The Simpsons fame)

EDIT:

Ugh, I had forgotten about this:

I, Claudius (A mini-series featuring Derek Jacobi about the history of Roman Empire from 23 BC to 54 AD.)

This would definitely be one of my 5 favourite TV-series, and I'd bump The Kingdom out of my original list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...