God Bless The Troops

dino might

i agree w/ u englandmj7 but ya know, there are a lot of people in the U.S. with legitimate reasons for not wanting to kill people and support the "war on terror"

:]

I think you meant that there are legitimate reasons for not supporting the "war in Iraq."

As far as the "war on terror" goes, I don't think there are many Americans that oppose protecting this country from terrorist attacks and the spread of radical anti-Western militaristic ideology through flushing out terrorist sects in places like Afghanistan.

You don't have to be a supporter of US military policies or the president to know that you shouldn't develop cruel stereotypes and ridiculous cliches about people who are, with some exceptions (as evidenced by the guy in the video), young men and women doing their jobs.

I think you meant that there are legitimate reasons for not supporting the "war in Iraq."

As far as the "war on terror" goes, I don't think there are many Americans that oppose protecting this country from terrorist attacks and the spread of radical anti-Western militaristic ideology through flushing out terrorist sects in places like Afghanistan.

You don't have to be a supporter of US military policies or the president to know that you shouldn't develop cruel stereotypes and ridiculous cliches about people who are, with some exceptions (as evidenced by the guy in the video), young men and women doing their jobs.

i agree. no one wants to fucking fight anymore. rather be at home talkign about clothes. i know i would.

This is such flawed logic.

i'd just like to add that i feel sorry for this innocent puppy. people who kill civilians (for any reason) are not as bad as this. at least those civilians were probably committing crimes against allah or straying from sharia.

i agree. no one wants to fucking fight anymore. rather be at home talkign about clothes. i know i would.

Yes, me too. I have no desire to fight for anything that keeps Berkeley residents from getting car-bombed while enjoying their chai tea. I plan to make as much money as I can and move to a lavish cave in the Ural mountains where I can live out the rest of my life with a small harem and a flock of bird messengers.

yep. obeying orders. it's true, americans are no more immune to the milgram experiment than anyone else.

Yes, because every person in the military has a job that involves violence and/or Iraq. Idiot.

This is such flawed logic.

Ha hah ha. I would LOVE to hear your reasoning.

yep. obeying orders. it's true, americans are no more immune to the milgram experiment than anyone else.

Driven by what? These conscripts (poverty, lack of options) aren't ideologues - the focus of criticism should dwell in the govt. Intentionally plucking out a few miscreants and popularizing them as the banner for anti-military is really banal.

And who said Americans are any more or less human, and therefore less or more susceptible to the Milgram exp?

Well I'd LOVE a fellatio, but shit happens man.

A fellatio?

You're not even literate. Your opinion doesn't count.

The reason your comment was unintelligent and irrelevant is because you clearly fail to consider that the majority of the military has zero involvement in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. In addition, an extremely large percentage of those stationed in Iraq never engage in violence because their job has nothing to do with combat. Thus, when one says "they are doing their jobs," we clearly aren't implying that there is always a legitimate excuse for bombing villages and torturing prisoners here.

Either way, I'm surprised this post lasted this long.

Normally I try to keep my banter reserved for non-internet encounters, but sometimes it's just too difficult.

I've never had anything against Dino (seems like a very nice guy), but prefacing a post about a particular jerkoff who happens to be in the military with backhanded usage of "God Bless the Troops" is uncalled for.

While the puppy tossing is awful it's not like this is the first atrocitie that's leaked from Iraq. Does no one remember Abu Ghraib? Yes, they were prisoners but still... nothing deserves to be treated how those people were. Like england said there's millions serving and under the right (or wrong) circumstances good people turn evil. I also find it a little weird that you went ahead to pass it off and say

Many of them are ex-cons and gang members. .

if anything the service they're doing for your country is a great improvement from slangin' rocks and killing off their competition. Just because some are ex-cons and gang members doesn't warrant psychotic behavior.

all i know is that i would never join the military except under the circumstance that people were actually invading our shores. then id fight like a motherfucker to save my community, and country.

if that involved killing puppies, so be it.

england, i'd love to sit and trade name calling with you, but unfortunately i don't care enough about your opinion to try to change it. instead i'll just countdown to the day that the worst presidency in US history is finally over and the troops can follow some less stupid orders.

A fellatio?

what the hell? are you serious man? i didn't realize this is what you stood for...shame. i bet you'd like the poll tax back too huh? only landowners can vote? why not just get to the point and say only protestant white males who run a business and were born in the country can vote?

england, i'd love to sit and trade name calling with you, but unfortunately i don't care enough about your opinion to try to change it. instead i'll just countdown to the day that the worst presidency in US history is finally over and the troops can follow some less stupid orders.

It's unfortunate that your scope of understanding lends you a habit of boiling any argument down to the fact that you don't like our president. He has essentially nothing to do with troop direction or involved strategy. Learn a little more about military history, structure, direction and approvals before you spew this shit out.

Apparently, it's as if Georgy was right there throwing the puppy off the cliff. Or wasn't that what we were talking about?

what the hell? are you serious man? i didn't realize this is what you stood for...shame. i bet you'd like the poll tax back too huh? only landowners can vote? why not just get to the point and say only protestant white males who run a business and were born in the country can vote?

Although my comment was obviously intended as a simple slight, I have to say that I really would like voters to be somewhat literate, yes. You definitely drew a very in-depth conclusion from that though. Congrats.

A fellatio?

The reason your comment was unintelligent and irrelevant is because you clearly fail to consider that the majority of the military has zero involvement in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. In addition, an extremely large percentage of those stationed in Iraq never engage in violence because their job has nothing to do with combat. Thus, when one says "they are doing their jobs," we clearly aren't implying that there is always a legitimate excuse for bombing villages and torturing prisoners here.

Either way, I'm surprised this post lasted this long.

Normally I try to keep my banter reserved for non-internet encounters, but sometimes it's just too difficult.

I've never had anything against Dino (seems like a very nice guy), but prefacing a post about a particular jerkoff who happens to be in the military with backhanded usage of "God Bless the Troops" is uncalled for.

alright, england is pretty much owning everyone in this thread.

yeah, maybe my title is a bit misleading/irresponsible. i chose it because im fucking sick of the flock of sheep mentality of those who blindly "believe" in the words when really its just another hot commodity for them to wear on their wrists and stick on their cars.

that said, maybe the title is too melodramatic, but i cant change it, so whatever.

i personally didnt make the thread to argue over the morality of the troops or the effectiveness of the military, and bush doesnt even begin to be factored into my motives. i find this sort of thing futile, counterproductive, and at the very least, unattractive.

i made the thread because this video may very well be the most insane and hateful act ive ever witnessed and i by no means think it should be just another news worthy story swept under the rug while britney spears is getting all the publicity. the fact that it was carried out, video taped, and thus boasted about by US soldiers is the icing on the cake and quite frankly speaks for itself.

though england and i have differing opinions of those in the armed forces, he clearly knows his shit and i can respect that.

..you may now resume your arguments..

Yes, me too. I have no desire to fight for anything that keeps Berkeley residents from getting car-bombed while enjoying their chai tea.

*googles "isolationism"