Supreme 2008 S/S

Dead_Wizard

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The April issue of Eyescream Magazine will soon be released in newsstands across Japan. The cover story of this issue is "Made in Tokyo" which is an article on the fashion culture in Tokyo. For this feature, Eyescream has interviewed trend setters like Hiroshi Fujiwara as well as brands like Visvim, Quadrophenia, Garni, Effector and Victim. Also there will be a Supreme x Kermit by Terry Richardson feature in their fashion section. This issue will be jam packed full of interesting articles so don't miss out

The April issue of Eyescream Magazine will soon be released in newsstands across Japan. The cover story of this issue is "Made in Tokyo" which is an article on the fashion culture in Tokyo. For this feature, Eyescream has interviewed trend setters like Hiroshi Fujiwara as well as brands like Visvim, Quadrophenia, Garni, Effector and Victim. Also there will be a Supreme x Kermit by Terry Richardson feature in their fashion section. This issue will be jam packed full of interesting articles so don't miss out
please support ralph lauren rip offs.

its suprising that the 5-panel 'long bills' are still in production, do people actually buy those?

that cross-flags is as blatant as it gets

quiet mexican, you not even a Lo head........

and if its a Terry Richardson tee, than i need it...Kermit's gotta be showing his ween then no?

im mad about seeing a trannys dick, but im laughing at the guy who now has that on his blog because he image leeched

what a conflict of interest

edit: just realized it was your photobucket account, hahaha repped

please support ralph lauren rip offs.

its suprising that the 5-panel 'long bills' are still in production, do people actually buy those?

that cross-flags is as blatant as it gets

i dont even get what you are trying to say here.. That supreme likes polo?

and the hoodie looks great.

i dont even get what you are trying to say here.. That supreme likes polo?

and the hoodie looks great.

what mikey is saying is that some of the stuff supreme has released over the past few seasons has been "inspired" by Polo styles that alot of Lo heads/lifes collect/collected.....including the long bill caps and sweats........

what mikey is saying is that some of the stuff supreme has released over the past few seasons has been "inspired" by Polo styles that alot of Lo heads/lifes collect/collected.....including the long bill caps and sweats........

i know. i just didn't bother to put up a sarcasm meter.. my point was just that i think everyone sees it.

oooops sorry about that 123ok

Weren't people buggin out over the Stadium jacket in '05?

You'd think the Lo Lifes would be down for the Supreme interpretation (or bite depending on how you want to look at it) of old Polo gear.

yeah, there were some Fuck Supreme box logos going around....

I guess the lo lifes like their shit authentic....and don't like to see their "culture" get prostituted by some other brand

not many other brands represent as many parts of American culture as Polo......classic....street....prep.......its iconic....

I still don't get the attraction to the Polo bear though.....

I guess the lo lifes like their shit authentic....and don't like to see their "culture" get prostituted by some other brand

not many other brands represent as many parts of American culture as Polo......classic....street....prep.......its iconic....

i think its more a case of Polo heads wearing polo in the main because it's amused to be the right thing to do, as everyone else around them is doing it.

The iconic nature of the brand across cultures is missed by the bulk of people wearing it, and if they saw the supreme take on it I doubt they'd see that as a shout out to the cultural impact of the brand more as just a fake/knock off of a ralph style.

i think its more a case of Polo heads wearing polo in the main because it's amused to be the right thing to do, as everyone else around them is doing it.

The iconic nature of the brand across cultures is missed by the bulk of people wearing it, and if they saw the supreme take on it I doubt they'd see that as a shout out to the cultural impact of the brand more as just a fake/knock off of a ralph style.

that may be part of it but I think alot of it had to do with being able to boost alot of this stuff from the stores. I knew kids that did the whole inside of a shopping bag covered with tin foil (not even sure if that does anything to the sensors) to steal polo, nautica, hilfiger (stuff they would wear and could sell to friends) from places like Macy and A&S, where security was usually a joke or was your friends. Or their friends worked the counter so it was a whole, buy one, get four polo joints for free. And then there is the whole rare, "harder" to get Polo stuff like the Suicide and Indian head stuff which I had no clue about until a few years ago.

elaborate, please.

i'm likely not the best one to elaborate on this stuff as I don't know much about it but there are certain Polo designs that were more limited or harder to get like the Suicide skier (Sui), indian head, Snow beach, Stadium stuff, , p-wing, things like that that were regularly sold, coveted, and traded among Lo heads.

mey_corner.jpg

can get more info on vintage gear addicts.com

also tommy rebel outta brooklyn basements has pics for days of Lo stuff him and his boys used to have...

that may be part of it but I think alot of it had to do with being able to boost alot of this stuff from the stores. I knew kids that did the whole inside of a shopping bag covered with tin foil (not even sure if that does anything to the sensors) to steal polo, nautica, hilfiger (stuff they would wear and could sell to friends) from places like Macy and A&S, where security was usually a joke or was your friends. Or their friends worked the counter so it was a whole, buy one, get four polo joints for free. And then there is the whole rare, "harder" to get Polo stuff like the Suicide and Indian head stuff which I had no clue about until a few years ago.

im sooo gonna try this next time im at the mall.

i'd imagine they would be more likely to think of it as cheesy second rate knockoffs in the same way some of us would laugh at streetwear brands that rip off supreme in exceedingly lame ways.

well its usually you either hate supreme or love it

hate it for the "the sheep, the hype, the long lines, the non-skaters wearing it, ripping off old designs", crappy collabs, mean workers...."

love it for its "nod or respect to past trends in NYC (worldwide), great collaborations, good design and manufacturing, hype beast/fit in factor, resale value....." blah blah blah....