spain :: barcelona :: general

soulmatic

Hello! I'm going to be in Barcelona from wednesday the 19 mars to 23Sun ...

if anyone knows of any good parties, art shows, happenings, mischief, going on those dates please let me know.

basically everything and anything interesting.

Cheers

Ask your cab driver to take you the the TWIN TOWERS. They are right near the beach about 9 euros worth of cab from most spots in the center.

When you get there, walk down past all the shit comercial spots on the boardwalk/warf. walk towards the beach area...

As you get down to the beach, there are little beach house spots that serve food. Go to the second to last one on the whole strip. Its called ESCRIBA (might be a spelling error.). This place is out of control good, one of the best meals i have ever had, and totally decnetly priced. right on the water more or less, and so so out of control good that you wont want to leave, EVER!

enjoy a great town, no matter what you do you will have fun IMHO.

Try their traditional food, which has mussel, prawns, other sea food in it. see the bull fighting, visit the fasicnating architecture by GAUDI. Be cautious about the some mid-aged women wandering around square, I 've been there once and I got stollen the money by them. Take care of your wallet, dont take it out in the front of her.~~~

• 4 months later...

one of my favourite places on the planet; new york at 2/3rds of the pace. an incredible combo of old-world charm & modern day sophistication. while the shopping isn't fantastic, the night life most certainly is. beyond the usual sights you'd find in a copy of lonely planet or time out, i'd recommend cal pep for excellent tapas (in the fifty euro range).

one of my favourite places on the planet; new york at 2/3rds of the pace. an incredible combo of old-world charm & modern day sophistication. while the shopping isn't fantastic, the night life most certainly is. beyond the usual sights you'd find in a copy of lonely planet or time out, i'd recommend cal pep for excellent tapas (in the fifty euro range).

Nice, this is my first trip so your description has gotten me pumped. Would you recommend any specific clubs/bars? I'm up for anything.

Nice, this is my first trip so your description has gotten me pumped. Would you recommend any specific clubs/bars? I'm up for anything.

the el born barrio is home to some pretty rad bars. wandering around the barri gothic barrio, it's pretty easy to seperate the good from the tourist traps. while i don't do giant clubs, razzmatazz is worth going to just for the sheer spectacle of things. i remember seeing somewhere around five hundred people (probably more), most of them on mdma, going nuts to MSTRKRFT at 4 am. these guys have it right: dinner from 10 to 12, pre-drinking at a local bar from 12 to 2ish, and then everyone hits the clubs, which don't even open 'til 2 am.

two other excellent tapas bars: c24 at carrer diputacio 269 and santa maria at carrer commerc 17.

don't know how long you're staying, but avoid the las ramblas strip, their equivalent of times square. the beaches are excellent, the architecture is amazing (can't count the number of times i walked along along only to look up and see an incredible bit of gothic architecture) and there are nice galleries, especially the MACBA.

there's lots more to it than what i've mentioned; definitely pick up a copy of lonely planet for some of the more obvious things to do.

1) Speak Spanish (doubt you know Catalan), French or Italian might sorta help too. English not so much.

2) There’s like one sushi place in the whole city but I think it’s pretty nice (Mediterranean sushis, hmm), don’t remember the name though, anyone can help?

3) Hang out with local people (this isn’t Germany, people talk on the bus; go ahead and make friends) and don’t be a wimp who eats dinner at 8, the later the better.

4) Go to Picasso museum you barbarian!

• 3 weeks later...
is there a good denim place in Barcelona? feel like I heard something about a specific good place there before. have to hit that shit up next time I'm there. Thanks

Sorry, but do any of you guys know of one? I´m only here for a couple more days. Oh, and for everybody thinking about it, GO TO BARCELONA

• 1 month later...

As well as the other clubs listed check out La Terrrazza. It's an open air terrace club situated in a replica village near Plaza Espanya, definitely an experience not to be missed. The music is top notch (mostly tech-house but everything in between as well) and such an atmosphere.

The crowd is often Ibiza type people which can be shame sometimes but really depends what night you go to.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

amazing city as mentioned over and over in this thread, just bursting with culture. eat lots of tapas. there are tons of good places by the beach in barceloneta that start to open up after siesta. my favorite tapas spot was bar jaica on carrer de balboa. no need to really be fancy about this, just hit up the places that are packed. hit up nasty mondays at apolo for the obligatory hipster party if you happen to stay after the weekend. seems like the city still has a big problem with pickpockets. it's pretty easy to avoid them as long as you don't talk to strange gypsies while under the influence of alcohol and stay off of las ramblas after 2 in the morning.

for shopping there isn't a huge selection of stuff but some good shops can be found. doshaburi has a good selection of smaller european designers. there was a store right around the corner from placa de born that sells acne, apc and some other stuff i didn't bother checking. somewhere around there is an outlet for santa maria novella perfumes. also, i just remembered that i stumbled upon a muji store somewhere in eixample district.

asides from all this, one of the things i enjoyed most in barcelona was geting lost.

• 5 months later...