spain :: barcelona :: general

soulmatic

Damn Barce is a cool place to study. What school are you at?

There's definitely no shortage of places to go. I'd help but I can't remember the name of anything other than what you can find in a guide book.

I'm studying at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and I'm living with a home stay family in Les Corts. Should be a blast. The only other time I've been to Barcelona was last December for 3 days.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep just to sum up a litte bit :

For shopping : you have to go in downtown near of "las ramblas" and in particular in the part of the downtown called " barrio gotico" , you'll find sneakers/streetwear stores like " Limited editons" and " Chikahitsu"(japanese fashion) wich are both amazing .

You can find store called " El corte ingles" which are almost like Macy's in USA and are not really interested , it's a old fashioned store so if you haven't so much time , don't waiste in it .

If you are interested by luxury and Up-market brand you should go up on the ramblas , there are LV ,Cartier ...

For eating : Spanish food is just amazing , to fellow the spanish use I advice you to eat some tapas for lunch with a cerveza in place like Txapela , which is a Bar-Tapas like some others but it is my favourite . For dinner it's more traditionnal, i advice you classic restaurant in downtown far of turistical place where restaurants got Menus in five languages lol .

For your eyes : you've got a lot of museums and pearls of architecture to visit ( Miro , Gaudi ,Guel...). You have to visit the cover market which is placed near of the ramblas , it's ill if you are foreign to spanish or south european culture you'll be surprised and I hope amazed , the food is realy important of the spanish culture so during your journey you shouldn't hesitate to enter in a bakery , pastry or butchery ... to order something you find yummy .

I hope my advices will help someone

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen Zara stores everywhere around here. Any other Spanish brands worth checking out? Obviously Zara is worldwide now....any brands that the locals keep secret that I should know about? Any stores that are a must visit as well?

• 4 months later...

ive been to barca once before, but ill be there for 5 weeks this summer, any chill places that havent been mentioned. (im definitely making a trip to razmataz to see drop the lime). Also just to put this question back out there, barcelona denim scene, does it exist?

• 2 years later...

Perfect time for a bump. Heading to BCN this weekend to do a gig and chill.

Anyone got any new spots to recommend?

BTW, I'm djing Tuesday next week at City Hall if anyone wants to come though. As always, guest list and Cristal (well, maybe not Cristal) for all Superfuturians.

Perfect time for a bump. Heading to BCN this weekend to do a gig and chill.

Anyone got any new spots to recommend?

BTW, I'm djing Tuesday next week at City Hall if anyone wants to come though. As always, guest list and Cristal (well, maybe not Cristal) for all Superfuturians.

• 2 weeks later...

had some shockingly good all you can eat sushi last time i was in barcelona. forget the name of the spot but it was on roger de lluria a few blocks south of arago. cost 15 euro a head and was unbelievable.

preferred the beach at sitges to barcelonetta. it's a bit of a trek but much cleaner and a lot less busy.

if you are at barcelonetta though, try the seafood spot on the boardwalk 'el rey de la gamba'. deep fried seafood platter for two was like 43 euro and big enough for 6. really fresh and tasty as well.

razzmattaz was alright, tbh i preffered the row of clubs that all backed onto the beach, if only for the smoking patio being an amalgamation of the all the crowds... and being on the beach. if you want a bar to pre at, check out chupitos. it's tacky but its good fun, so much so that i barely remember leaving, and there's always a big crowd of travellers.

Also, be extremely weary of pickpockets. had my phone jacked on las ramblas my last night there.

Had a great time in Barca as well.

I ended up DJing on Tuesday at City Hall and then got invited to guest at Shoko on the beach on Wednesday which proved to be an epic night. FC Barcelona in the house, champagne flying and totally crushed my set. Good times for sure.

I ended up staying in the Poble Nou area. Highly recommended. One block from the beach and still super easy to get on the 4 metro line and be in the heart of the matter in 15 minutes.

Stand out restaurant of the trip was La Pepita. Really ridiculously good: www.lapepitabcn.com/

Also had some good paella and goat cheese salad right on the beach at Escriba: http://www.escriba.es/

Vale!

ps, clubs on the Ramblas: Boulevard/Factory/Etc. suck. Stay away.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys i'll be heading to barcelona tomorrow evening and staying till the 23rd dec. looking to find guidi boots,

in rome now but i cant find no stores that sells guidi. Which i thought they would since it came from italy. The only cool store that i checked out was degli effetti but the prices were abit zzz, thought there would at least be a x'mas going on.

Also wouldnt mind if u guys could recommend me some cheap eats too. Im staying at barcelona urbany hostel near sagrada. Looking forward ro your replies asap!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This will probably fall on deaf ears...

I'm going in May for one week with the missus, and spending one night in Girona for a trip to El Cellar de Can Roca. It'll be our second time going there, so we've done most of the major tourist spots before.

Got a few things planned like a cable cart up the mountain to see the Montserrat Monastery, the botanical garden, maybe a trip to this http://www.airedebarcelona.com/ for one afternoon.

Looking for any other suggestions, or anything new that's popped up in the past year or so?

Also any recommendations for clubs and good jazz bars, as the missus is keen to check out the Spanish night life. We're staying in an apartment near Parc de L'Espanya Industrial so ideally looking for somewhere within walking distance. Probably wishful thinking though...

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Stand out restaurant of the trip was La Pepita. Really ridiculously good: www.lapepitabcn.com/

Also had some good paella and goat cheese salad right on the beach at Escriba: http://www.escriba.es/

i second this. had one of my best meals at la pepita. another spot that i'd rec is quimet & quimet; insanely cheap and really delicious, original tapas. try their mussels over sweet tomato spread with black caviar on top -- fucking nuts. getting in early is a must, though.

Also any recommendations for clubs and good jazz bars, as the missus is keen to check out the Spanish night life. 

only place i can recommend is City Hall, where bentobox was spinning at. paco osuna is there on many nights from my understanding. hopefully you're into that type of thing. 

also, ciudad condal is just a block north of it. drop in and get some quality tapas beforehand. they make a nice cabreaos which i am very fond of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone looking for raw denim in Barcelona, there's a rad shop on Carrer dels Mirallers called La Clinique which sells vintage eyewear, and a whole bunch of other historical pieces (deadstock Warrior WB-1s from the 70s, Nike Echelons from 1982, Spring Courts from the 80s, etc.) including vintage Evisu collabs (from the late-90's? I didn't check last time I went) 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend some good electronic clubs to go out and have a nice time? Prefer something less touristy with good DJs and long opened (afterhour?) Will be there from 27-30.06, so if anyone could help me out would be much appreciated!

Staying in Sant Marti so if anyone knows something nice to eat and do close by would be great aswell! cheers

Edited by hate

• 10 months later...

will be in Barcelona, and possibly elsewhere for a while. Just sorta winged it, and gunna live and learn some spanish (and catalan). Im looking for any good recommendations. Shopping, food, bars (dive or non touristy), places to see good music- punk clubs, venues etc. 

Actually anything any good tips would be appreciated

• 1 year later...