05/06 snowboards

Ryan

i actually just started really getting into park stuff this year, i guess the dominant comes to mind cuz ive seen so many people rocking one ....im thinking im gonna with a burton custom or shaun white, both seem to be decent all mountain boards..

one of the best "all mountain boards" that i've ridden is the Gnu Rider's Choice. Stable and keeps a great edge for free-riding but is still great for the park runs with good pop and stiff flex. If you are feeling yourself wanting to get into more park riding I'd highly suggest another Gnu lol the Danny Kass. I currently ride the 153 Wide and it's my absolute favorite. Great pop, nice and wide for landings, kills it in the pipe and if you want to just goof around on some trails it's perfect. Out of my eight years of riding and demoing/owning dozens of boards the DK has been the best by far.

anyone know what the gear is like in New Zealand?

Im heading over there in august/september.. would i be better off buying there , or here in australia.

Or does anyone have a hookup for cheap gear in canada or better yet, AUS or NZ ?? (i can pay shipping)

i don't know which one will be more expensive, nz or oz but both places are much more expensive than canada. i lived in whistler for 2 years and they were tons of aussies and kiwis and they all bought tons of gear there cause it was so much cheaper than home. i would help you but i'm living in japan right now, not exactly the best place to get bargains (hardware is about twice as expensive as canada). my advice is to check online store, cause everything is already on sale cause it's the end of the season so even though shipping might be a little expensive (and maybe hard to find site that ships to oz) i'm sure it would be cheaper than buying at home. and americain prices are even lower than canadian one's.

backcountry and usoutdoor are having sales

as are sierrasnowboard.com 50% off everything. just got some mission bindings.

i also ordered a burton air from skis.com

burton.com is also have a sale, not alot of sizes left in alot of the apparel but still worth a look, got wrist guards and goretex gloves..

Never Summer is an ill indie company. Their boards ride so smooth. If ya'll ever get a chance to demo one, jump on it. The boards ride with nearly no chatter and their warranty is unparalleled.

http://www.3sixteen.com 3sixteen Sample Sale!</a>

http://www.elmercadoonline.com El Mercado: Los Angeles Streewear Boutique</a>

if youre looking for a park geared deck, the ride kink is super good, k2 world wide weapon, and take a serious look at capita. theyre doing some real good things with their stuff, theyre a nice independent company, and they stand behind their gear well. lib techs magna traction is a lot less of a gimmick than you might think, and theyre gonna be using it on a lot more of their decks next year, and bringing it over to gnu as well. if you want to wait, check next years libs out too...i have a catalog of their next years stuff, but i cant find it online. this year, theyre only doing it on a couple...t rice series, a few trs, and the magne traction deck. get on that.

BALDERDASH.