Pherrows Denim Contest @ mynudies.com

AM2

I've have been asked to post this over here to see if there's any interest on this board.

Anyways the guys at mynudies have decided to have a contest beginning in Sept 08 using the Pherrows 421. Now I know i'll probably take some flak about how there's already to many contests going on but keeping in mind these are a pair of jeans that not many members of either forum have experience with, infact no thread even exists here about Pherrows.

Anyways here's a little bit of brief info.

Start Date: Revised to January 1 2009

Sponsorship: If we are able to get 80 contestants, chances are we will get to have a pair of jeans with a custom patch and maybe a few other minor details. Price may also be lower.

Price: 20790 yen without a sponsor

Prizes: These are still currently in discussion. One idea was that everyone contribute the equilvalent of 1000 yen and that money be used for gift certificates to Ratuken that would be given to the winners.

So for more information/pictures/sizing you can check out http://mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6980

If you want to join you can either sign up over there of just pm me and tell me your interested.

Thanks

there's too many contests

how about starting yours dec. 1, we have an ongoing contest with like 200 contestants that ends nov. 1.

sufu vs. mynudies ultimate smackdown, anyone?

p.s. found some amusing quotes from mynudies:

Don't post [at sufu] unless you want to recieve some - rep :P

people on sufu are mean

haha, did any of you notice who is taking part in the contest ? look at contestant no. 8 ! he's suprisingly still alive and still really denim fucked in his head..

start date has been moved back to january 1st so you really don't have any more reason not to sign in ! :D

also if we have 80 contestants or more, we'll have customized jeans (patch , etc)

start date has been moved back to january 1st so you really don't have any more reason not to sign in ! :D

also if we have 80 contestants or more, we'll have customized jeans (patch , etc)

this start date is soooo far away in time that most people will forget that they actually signed up when the time comes..

need 80 contestants to get custom patch/details/volume discount

need info on custom patch/cool details/volume discount to generate excitement and lure in 80 contestants

bit of a catch-22 innit

true, yes this thread is best left dead and to be resurrected until those details are sorted out.

i'm starting a contest in 2011. pm me if your interested.

count me in kert. lol

What I've been thinking for a while...

People love contests because they get a chance to make their jeans look better than someone elses. The Samurai contest started it all so you can thank the original 30.

I think contests are great. Who cares how many are going on at once and how many pairs of jeans are being circulated around the globe. If you can't appreciate the amount of work that goes into making something like this happen than you need to check yoself befo you wreck yoself!

People love contests because they get a chance to make their jeans look better than someone elses. The Samurai contest started it all so you can thank the original 30.

I think contests are great. Who cares how many are going on at once and how many pairs of jeans are being circulated around the globe. If you can't appreciate the amount of work that goes into making something like this happen than you need to check yoself befo you wreck yoself!

Don't get me wrong, that first contest was great and very interesting to follow, but, in my opinion, partly because of its limited number of participants and, at the time, its originality. It just doesn't make sense to me to keep wanting organizing several contests at the same time and in addition keep buying jeans that you won't wear. In the end, you only have a (big) pile of mediocre-looking jeans.

That, and I have no competitive spirit. I don't care how my jeans compare to other's, I like them for what they are to me.

oh, im bout to wreck myself.

work?!

did you say work muthafucker?!?!

muthafucker, what work?!?!?

just putting them on and forgetting about it.

is that work?!

muthafucker, what are you talking about?

contests are about one thing.

to be cool.

to separate you (and a small group) from the rest of the world.

jeans contests are just that.

MAN did i want to be in the samurai contest, but whats the goddammn point of the warehouse one if theres 200 people (yes offense to those who wanted the good price, wanted to try warehouse out, be more involved with supertalk) but come on.

i'd give warehouse a pass cuz its the only contest annually running on sufu.

but come onn mutahfucker!

we all know contests are about being coool.

the flathead one only got 3, count em 3 people.

and the samurai only got 30!!!!

now theres a whole buncha contests online.

mynudies got like 5 or shit.

hypbest got something probably.

goddammmnn muthafucker.

I mean muthafucker come on, stop it.

if i was going to have a contest,

i would like my participants to be someone i can stick my finger at and say "yea thats right, i beat you mutahfucker!"

spit at them, let them know i raped them gooddd

contests.

did you just say contests?

seriously contests.

come on muthafucker.

just wear some jeans!

mutahfucker...

i dont know if its just me but wouldnt a custom mynudies patch for a pherrows jean seem stupid in my opinion. i wouldnt want to advertise another brand on my brand of jeans. or am i missing something.

oh, im bout to wreck myself.

work?!

did you say work muthafucker?!?!

muthafucker, what work?!?!?

just putting them on and forgetting about it.

is that work?!

muthafucker, what are you talking about?

contests are about one thing.

to be cool.

to separate you (and a small group) from the rest of the world.

jeans contests are just that.

MAN did i want to be in the samurai contest, but whats the goddammn point of the warehouse one if theres 200 people (yes offense to those who wanted the good price, wanted to try warehouse out, be more involved with supertalk) but come on.

i'd give warehouse a pass cuz its the only contest annually running on sufu.

but come onn mutahfucker!

we all know contests are about being coool.

the flathead one only got 3, count em 3 people.

and the samurai only got 30!!!!

now theres a whole buncha contests online.

mynudies got like 5 or shit.

hypbest got something probably.

goddammmnn muthafucker.

I mean muthafucker come on, stop it.

if i was going to have a contest,

i would like my participants to be someone i can stick my finger at and say "yea thats right, i beat you mutahfucker!"

spit at them, let them know i raped them gooddd

contests.

did you just say contests?

seriously contests.

come on muthafucker.

just wear some jeans!

mutahfucker...

You win.

(I only wanted to type you win but apparently that isn't long enough. I could however waste my time and craft a response like yours.)