Do people still care about selvedge/raw denim?

englandmj7

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Methimphibian

for me, sort of, I still want a nice pair of nudies, I might pick up a pair next week at the attic in buena park, i'm not 100% if they will be raw though, I just plan on trying on a few pairs and seeing what looks good and what won't dent my pocket too much.

I've moved on to collecting vintage pocket squares, shoelaces, and boot laces.

not funny, never funny... give it up

i've never cared about salvage/raw jeans - but have always thought that apc new standards were the ultimate pair of jeans which just happen to be selvage - i never understood the appeal of 300 japanese jeans when apcs are 140 - only difference is that the jap stuff may fade nicer, but my apcs still look preety good.

if you dont like raw/selvage.....might as well migrate to another fashion message board.

i know its a bold statement but i think a lot ppl that are here now migrated from the dunk/beast crowd during the nudie/apc explosion and its the DENIM talk that blew up this message board altho this is a fashion board afterall.

i still wear/love/buy raw (still got some waitng for more wear)......but i switch it up with other stuff. sucks that the older knowlegable members arent as actice as before. i tried to avoid superdenim cause it gets me into buying raws while i still have some waiting for me to wear.

i do think it was too much when people were crazy over any repros that came out from japan.

this board was raw denim land like 2 or 3 years ago, but we're definitely in the post-raw denim era now and have been since kids started buying grey jeans last spring... I think the most active thread in Superdenim for the past 2 years has been Dior Homme, and that stopped being about the raw versions quite awhile ago right?