thomas_highstreet

korea :: seoul :: general

best way to go about finding private tutoring jobs?

korea night life is killing me shiettt

Best way is through connections in my opinion. Do you know of anyone living in Korea?

Going out drinking tomorrow. Anyone got a suggestion were to go? I'm into house/electro and been to club answer and volume. Both were good and looking for something similar. Don't like clubs when there is to much focus on the music/dj. It should be easy to connect with the local talent :) Thanks!

hey, does it snow much in the beginning of january?

and are clarks desert boots a bad choice to wear then?

it snows like a motherbitch in korean winters... could barely compute when i first experienced it.

black boots + commando soles all the way

First time I was in Korea I slipped all the time because of iced over sidewalks.

Make sure you get your boots soled.

lol, it normally didn't snow so much before, just a bit. These past few years have had insane weather, both summer and winter. I actually wore a pair of Clarks in the winter many years ago though, and yes I did eat shit on the hilly streets more than once.

I won't need to, they actually clean the streets of Tokyo >=D

leather vans era wont cut it either?

im trying to only bring one pair of shoes and im going to korea, taiwan and hong kong... so i dont want to go too excessive but dont want to headbutt the ground too much on the icy sidewalks

idk why i never checked up on this thread during the year i actually was in korea..got back a few weeks ago.

being from michigan, the winter was fine for me..but the rain during this summer was fucking insane..

taking a packed bus to work every morning with torrential downpours was not a good time..

going back in a month or so..can't wait to go back.

i never bothered researching any decent place to shop in seoul so i ended up blowing a ton of cash at boon the shop/mue/thomas greyhound..

to highstreet: looking forward to your map

i never bothered researching any decent place to shop in seoul so i ended up blowing a ton of cash at boon the shop/mue/thomas greyhound..

to highstreet: looking forward to your map

Yeah me to. How's it going Thomas? :) Must get a haircut soon, anyone have any suggestions? I have no problem paying a little more and it would be great if they understand a little english!

Yeah me to. How's it going Thomas? :) Must get a haircut soon, anyone have any suggestions? I have no problem paying a little more and it would be great if they understand a little english!

ik all the kangnam douchebags get their hair done here..

but i went to evanstyle(www.evanstyle.co.kr) the last 6 months i was in korea..its a salon for men.

found it even superior in service/quality to cuts i've had done in tokyo.

i went to the cheongdam one..all the hairstylists were super cool and you can have a "consultation" with your "hair designer" before hand..

my stylist was "evan a". She still hits me up on kakaotalk to see how my hairs been doing.

cuts range from 45-65 i think? depending on who your stylist is..

but i always got a perm along with a cut which ended up being 110,000 each time which isnt much of a premium i was paying at other places.

never had a bad cut from here.

plus you can smoke in there.

if you have reference pics, I find that Juno in hongdae can do a great job IF you get their manager or head stylist to do your hair personally (her English is pretty good)

I've heard good things about Juno as well from friends.

While we wait for the Thomas' much anticipated list, anyone have some decent stores I can check out around Seoul? I'm coming from Migeum and want to make a day out of it. I've checked out Myeongdong and Dongdaemun already.

ik all the kangnam douchebags get their hair done here..

but i went to evanstyle(www.evanstyle.co.kr) the last 6 months i was in korea..its a salon for men.

found it even superior in service/quality to cuts i've had done in tokyo.

i went to the cheongdam one..all the hairstylists were super cool and you can have a "consultation" with your "hair designer" before hand..

my stylist was "evan a". She still hits me up on kakaotalk to see how my hairs been doing.

cuts range from 45-65 i think? depending on who your stylist is..

but i always got a perm along with a cut which ended up being 110,000 each time which isnt much of a premium i was paying at other places.

never had a bad cut from here.

plus you can smoke in there.

110 for a perm and a cut is rock bottom cheap. Chungdam places are 300-350 for a perm and a cut.

Yo guys, Just arrived in Korea two days ago. Stayin in Pusan until the end of the weekend then heading to Seoul for 3 weeks. Been in Japan for the last 50 days travelling solo so it'd be nice to chat to some people in engilsh. Anyone up for showin' me what's good here? I love a drink and shizz.

has anyone attended seoul fashion week at all?
I was there this past week. Still in town for another week.

Goddamn. I hadn't heard it before, but DJ Soulscape's "More Sound of Seoul" mixtape is really, really good.

Goddamn. I hadn't heard it before, but DJ Soulscape's "More Sound of Seoul" mixtape is really, really good.

Any idea where I can get that online?

just a heads up to those who may (or may not be) waiting for me to put together some sort of seoul guide..

i have to put it on hold for a minute as im insanely busy at work.

i will get back on it as soon as i can free some time up though - i will keep you informed.

sorry superseoul ㅠㅠ

Any idea where I can get that online?
I just searched around on http://blogsearch.google.com and found the MP3s. But if anyone knows where in Seoul I can pick up a hard copy of either it or the original mix, please let me know.

I've been exploring Garibongdong the past couple days, picking up random hard Chinese liquors.

I just searched around on http://blogsearch.google.com and found the MP3s. But if anyone knows where in Seoul I can pick up a hard copy of either it or the original mix, please let me know.

I've been exploring Garibongdong the past couple days, picking up random hard Chinese liquors.

Thanks! Found it. It's awesome.

Just got back to states from a week in Seoul. How will I live without chicken butt, live octopus and kissing clubs?

wtf is a kissing club?

if you can handle it, honestly the best effort wallets you can buy in Korea are fake LV's, those things are as good as the real thing (unfortunately) and last forever, don't cost much - go in one of the Itaewon basement dungeons with the A grade fake shit and get a fake epi or taiga billfold, unless you want to pony up for something Korean priced.

Any specifics? I'm actually interested in heading down one into one of these 'dungeons' haha.