korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

the 2 years ive spent in LA has given me immunity to the most foul of mexican food related chorro. however my time speant in east los shoulda been speant in ktown instead as i will b in seoul for a while and not mexico.

dear god chorizo sounds good. chorizo and eggs for breakfast before work would be awesome! on topic, any decent mexican joints in seoul? all the people i know here are natives and i don't think they go for that across the border stuff.

mexican joints in seoul:

1. dos tacos (kangnam station, sinsa dong - next to club spot)

2. chili chili (itaewon - across yongsan base)

3. on the border (samsung dong - family style restuarant with actual refried beans)

there's another taco joint across from the hamilton hotel in itaewon, but I usually stick with the above mentioned places for overpriced tacos. have not seen any chorizo at all here but that's up to dismal to do his thang!

ive seen a few shops i think theres some neer gwanjang ssijang or namdaemun or something, i cant remember exactly.. ahh no there is at both im pretty sure!

a good fashion mag/book store in gwanjang too, and behind that coffee shop accross from galleria in apgu! worth hittin up

hey any korean designers and shops to take note of? i'm writing for a magazine, and i thought some good designers in korea would need the publicity, sorry, i couldn't finish reading the whole thread, am in rush.

would be helpful if someone could sum up the whole fashion industry, name me some cool designers that i should take note of, and of course shops which are noteworthy.

THANKS MUCHO!

juun.j (lone costume, jung wook jun) is really the godfather of korean fashion.

suhsang young is definitely another of the best.

laundry202, instantology, paul and alice etc. also worth a look in.

id recommend you go to daily projects in cheongdam quick fast, speak too 'hong sukwoo' or one of the other buyers they are helpful and will point you in the right direction.

hasang bek, bon, sweet revenge/dark something or something or other i cant remmber the name

this is all menswear/androgyne by the way.

err.. yeh who aare you writing for and whats the proper details - i could probably help out a fair bit

T

• 2 weeks later...
the infamous kimchigirl

we never got the chance to meet :( you work in galleria or something? haha

didn't we run into each other when you were sipping beers with dizz? i forgot the name of that cheap hof in gangnam.

no. not me. a distant friend works at the apc in galleria.

lol did you negrep me for saying you worked in galleria?! haha.. anyways, i dunno if we met but we certainly hung out at some cheap hofs in gangnam so its pretty possible. my apologies, how ungentlemanly of me.

ey so whats the dealio withh winq? is he a korean blud brother? - how long u all planning on staying out for? im just graduating then im back out for some dohkochi good stuffs.