korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

thomas I talked to the club manager again last night. she cleaned up a bit, looked really hot.

i also got rejected by these three girls, probably because I could barely stand up. I like to think it was because theyre afraid of my dick.

jina has the nicest tits. i was mesmerized by the sheer volume for a korean girl. someone hit that ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

2up; some teaching english, alot of the foreigners in seoul are teachers. but highstreet be straight ballin hoes for a livin. well. not exactly but i wasnt teaching english apart from sex talk

1up; what uni u at? you got curfew on your dorm? they get mad pissed if you bring girls back, i got caught one time and they nearly kicked me out of uni, not to mention dorm room.

i ditched the dorm quick, try get a cheap apartment if your there more than a month or so... they come up.

don't know about wireless but at incheon they had free computers for internet use set up, i used one in the korean air lounge. never been to narita.

speaking of korean internet, how ridiculously fast does it get? i'm downloading two files at 1.5 mbps each right now. and this is on 3 manwon slow residential net. damn!

free wifi narita? no

:mad:

arent there wired spots that are free?

anyone know if they have free wi-fi at Narita or Incheon airports?

the isp is called hanaro but i don't know what the service is called. it comes in through a phone line, hits a modem, then goes to my computer. i'm tempted to hook up another computer for 24/7 downloading purposes because i still haven't hit any sort of max speed cap. this is like epic next level internet. still waiting on my laptop though(macbook pro refresh in october 14 PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) speaking of wireless, one of my relatives was telling me about something called "wibro" which is basically a wireless card that lets you access a wireless network that blankets all of korea. sounds like something i could use in the states.

+vote on this thread being useful.

just arrived in korea for 6 month internship. going to be working in seoul near the samsung subway station. about how much should i expect to pay per month for a gym membership? and any recommendations?

there's a nice gym right across from club i over in chungdam, which is like a 5 minute bus ride from samsung and it runs about 150k/month. you can go peasant status and opt for the local gyms for about 30-50k/month including uniforms.

the isp is called hanaro but i don't know what the service is called. it comes in through a phone line, hits a modem, then goes to my computer. i'm tempted to hook up another computer for 24/7 downloading purposes because i still haven't hit any sort of max speed cap. this is like epic next level internet. still waiting on my laptop though(macbook pro refresh in october 14 PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) speaking of wireless, one of my relatives was telling me about something called "wibro" which is basically a wireless card that lets you access a wireless network that blankets all of korea. sounds like something i could use in the states.

my buddy had a wibro card. It's basically those modem-things that most major providers in the states have that you plug into your laptop. I think you access the web through the network instead of wifi so you can go anywhere. Wibro is just probably 800x faster and a lot cheaper.

good to know. i think korea is spoiling me in terms of cell phones and internet access. i'm going to dread going back to the states.

speaking of gyms, i checked out some local gyms and it looks like the prices are pretty similar. starting around 50,000 won/month for just the gym, and going up to around 100,000 won/month for gym + sauna, and 125-150,000 won/month for gym + sauna + golf.

negative points - gym is pretty dirty. and it doesn't look like they regularly disinfect things throughout the day, probably just clean once at night or in the morning. i'll probably end up forking over the cash for access to a premium gym where i won't end up with ringworm. i need to work off all the soju/poktanju somewhere. and speaking of alcohol, when did wine get so popular in korea? i went out last night thinking we were going to a bar but ended up at some sort of wine cafe. not bad but just not expected.

you should ask your coworkers. I was about to get a gym pass until i found out that the place where I worked had a full gym + bball court in the basement of the tower.

also, about wibro: if you're going to get it, ask for a special "introductory offer." I think my friend negotiated 3 months for the price of one or something like that.

1up; what uni u at? you got curfew on your dorm? they get mad pissed if you bring girls back, i got caught one time and they nearly kicked me out of uni, not to mention dorm room.

i ditched the dorm quick, try get a cheap apartment if your there more than a month or so... they come up.

i'm at hanyang for a semester, basically vacationing because i hate my school in the US

and yeah got a curfew at 12:30 but i've been back later than that. idk what punishment they've got but whatever... also tried to get a couple girls up but they got caught :(

a real mood killer so we just talked for a bit in the cafeteria (snuck some drinks and snacks from the dorm)

didn't get in too much trouble tho

haven't really thought about the dorm/apartment situation, but now i'm too lazy to relocate...

p.s. apologies for the late response, rarely at the laptop now

p.p.s. anyone know how cell phone companies work here? i had a korean friend help me sign up with KTF, but i already broke the phone (fell into the ocean) and they don't seem to want to sell me a new one. They told me to go to the ever (phone brand) store and tell them to fix it, but i went there and they said it would cost 200000W to fix. Then I threw the phone in the trash, but now wtf do i do? gonna try other KTF stores tomorrow, but if anyone's got ideas lemme know

ahahaha.. nice.

anyway, no ends = no skins.

RE: phone problem;

ktf/show or whatever will sort it out, just get a korean to go along with you and say it was stolen or something, im sure they got a system to replace phones.

failing thatt maybe check seoul craigslist and the usual foreigner websites and pick up a handset? but to be totally honest someone else is better off answering the question.. i dont know if they come sim locked etc. or what not.

where you been hanging out? i miss seoul bad... im just gonna graduate then head back out :)

shit son i just moved into my apt in mapogu dis place b awesome. but now the thing is...where to kop cheap bed covers and shit?

you can find bed covers and sheets from the likes of emart/lotte mart/kims club or any other major super retail stores for quite cheap but they will be ugly.

where you been hanging out? i miss seoul bad... im just gonna graduate then head back out :)

dont really remember names so well, but i've just been getting on the subway and going. with korean folk that know where we're going, of course. not as sleazy as dizz or dismal here, but still having fun

you can find bed covers and sheets from the likes of emart/lotte mart/kims club or any other major super retail stores for quite cheap but they will be ugly.

ugly AND girly

like flowers + dolls and shit? where can i kopp some in like solid colors no design?

for some reason the plain ones are more expensive than the flowery ones, but you can still get 'em at emart or homeplus or whatever

i sttled for a green winnie the pooh cover for 29,000 at homeplus :o

untungi - I got a black RAZR that's still legit that I'd sell you pretty cheap, or if you wait til like Monday I might be able to sell you my RAZR2 for a little more, if you wanted a nicer phone.

damnit dude i went out and got a used phone... an LG kh1300 and got it activated and all that. cost me 60,000 won for the phone + the transfer :(

are the razrs here any different from the ones in the states?