korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

Going out drinking tomorrow. Anyone got a suggestion were to go? I'm into house/electro and been to club answer and volume. Both were good and looking for something similar. Don't like clubs when there is to much focus on the music/dj. It should be easy to connect with the local talent :) Thanks!

lol, it normally didn't snow so much before, just a bit. These past few years have had insane weather, both summer and winter. I actually wore a pair of Clarks in the winter many years ago though, and yes I did eat shit on the hilly streets more than once.

• 2 weeks later...

idk why i never checked up on this thread during the year i actually was in korea..got back a few weeks ago.

being from michigan, the winter was fine for me..but the rain during this summer was fucking insane..

taking a packed bus to work every morning with torrential downpours was not a good time..

going back in a month or so..can't wait to go back.

i never bothered researching any decent place to shop in seoul so i ended up blowing a ton of cash at boon the shop/mue/thomas greyhound..

to highstreet: looking forward to your map

i never bothered researching any decent place to shop in seoul so i ended up blowing a ton of cash at boon the shop/mue/thomas greyhound..

to highstreet: looking forward to your map

Yeah me to. How's it going Thomas? :) Must get a haircut soon, anyone have any suggestions? I have no problem paying a little more and it would be great if they understand a little english!

Yeah me to. How's it going Thomas? :) Must get a haircut soon, anyone have any suggestions? I have no problem paying a little more and it would be great if they understand a little english!

ik all the kangnam douchebags get their hair done here..

but i went to evanstyle(www.evanstyle.co.kr) the last 6 months i was in korea..its a salon for men.

found it even superior in service/quality to cuts i've had done in tokyo.

i went to the cheongdam one..all the hairstylists were super cool and you can have a "consultation" with your "hair designer" before hand..

my stylist was "evan a". She still hits me up on kakaotalk to see how my hairs been doing.

cuts range from 45-65 i think? depending on who your stylist is..

but i always got a perm along with a cut which ended up being 110,000 each time which isnt much of a premium i was paying at other places.

never had a bad cut from here.

plus you can smoke in there.

I've heard good things about Juno as well from friends.

While we wait for the Thomas' much anticipated list, anyone have some decent stores I can check out around Seoul? I'm coming from Migeum and want to make a day out of it. I've checked out Myeongdong and Dongdaemun already.

ik all the kangnam douchebags get their hair done here..

but i went to evanstyle(www.evanstyle.co.kr) the last 6 months i was in korea..its a salon for men.

found it even superior in service/quality to cuts i've had done in tokyo.

i went to the cheongdam one..all the hairstylists were super cool and you can have a "consultation" with your "hair designer" before hand..

my stylist was "evan a". She still hits me up on kakaotalk to see how my hairs been doing.

cuts range from 45-65 i think? depending on who your stylist is..

but i always got a perm along with a cut which ended up being 110,000 each time which isnt much of a premium i was paying at other places.

never had a bad cut from here.

plus you can smoke in there.

110 for a perm and a cut is rock bottom cheap. Chungdam places are 300-350 for a perm and a cut.

• 4 weeks later...

Yo guys, Just arrived in Korea two days ago. Stayin in Pusan until the end of the weekend then heading to Seoul for 3 weeks. Been in Japan for the last 50 days travelling solo so it'd be nice to chat to some people in engilsh. Anyone up for showin' me what's good here? I love a drink and shizz.

just a heads up to those who may (or may not be) waiting for me to put together some sort of seoul guide..

i have to put it on hold for a minute as im insanely busy at work.

i will get back on it as soon as i can free some time up though - i will keep you informed.

sorry superseoul ㅠㅠ

if you can handle it, honestly the best effort wallets you can buy in Korea are fake LV's, those things are as good as the real thing (unfortunately) and last forever, don't cost much - go in one of the Itaewon basement dungeons with the A grade fake shit and get a fake epi or taiga billfold, unless you want to pony up for something Korean priced.

Any specifics? I'm actually interested in heading down one into one of these 'dungeons' haha.