korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

hey guys, im not sure if its a good idea to ask here) but still. ive been searching for someone in korea, who knows anything about the clothes sold at zinif dot com. it looks like korean h&m on the web, but im not sure about the quality and the scale of their business. and im not even sure what it is, a brand or just a shop. could anyone help me find out?

they sell the same stuff at zipia.net and yesstyle.com, i'd be careful though as the quality of the stuff i saw when in dogndaemun was pretty variable. if you ever have a chance to go the dogndaemun malls in person it's definitely worth it, you can find any fast-fashion item you want and all prices are negotiable except int the slightly higher-scale booths in doota.

well, basically im looking for a supplier for korean fast fashion to open a store here in russia. we only have all those h&m, topshop, zara etc for like a couple years, and they are super hot massmarket product right now. i think korean clothing would do just about as good. and i came across that zinif, and thought it was a brand) that shop has some good selection of items really. do they have some contact email? i cant find, cause its all in korean

and what is that dongdaemoon?

your main problem is that none of that stuff they sell here wholesale like that will fit larger russian people, it's all made in a few very small sizes for Koreans. XL here is like a true medium/48.

not only are the sizes drastically different, but they are also not consistent. i bought a coat in dongdaenum that was a medium, and another shirt just a few feet away and i was an XL. they don't carry many sizes bigger than that, and for reference i'm about 5'9 145 lbs / 64 kg.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I was at Doota the nicer places had price tags attached and there was no hope of bargaining, it was still quite the sport at all the other Dongdaemun buildings though. In general, the longer you can keep a conversation going with the merchant the less you will pay.

anyone got some good sites that covers nightlife in Seoul? Looking for pictures,info etc. Going to Seoul this summer and staying for one year :)

Do u think girls like Swedish guys? :P

lots of places to go depending on what you want....small bars and pubs are everywhere...you want a younger crowd with cheaper drinks check out hongdae...if you want to go to some nicer clubs that are a bit more 'korean' and expensive....gangnam...itaewon has some good bars and clubs...lots of foreigners there...seoul is a huge city man, you'll have a year to explore and probably won't even see most of it.

New favorite pissed off ajeossi on the subway rant: (to a young man sitting with his legs slightly stretched forward) How can you sit like that? You are destroying Korea. It is because of you the Japanese are able to take our land. Why don't you consider Dokdo??

Then storming off at the next stop with his wife chasing after him.

stretched forward? apart? that shits so annoying
Definitely annoying. I just love that by some kid doing that, it is allowing the damn Japanese to steal Korean land.

Going down to Taebaek city tomorrow for a couple days. Really excited.

img7993m.jpg

img7997x.jpg

thinking of taking a gap year. should i spend it in the motherland? want to get some worthwhile work/internship experience before college. would that be possible with my previous work experience? (worked at the microbiology lab at SNU, merill lynch drone internship, mt. sinai dermatology lab drone)