korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

mmm thanks dude I read about talk and epik a while ago how has your experience dealing with them been so far? I was hoping to find something that pays a bit more than TaLK. I should also mention I taught this past summer in China for about 50-60 hours per week and I'll be graduating this year from college (not sure if that opens up more options for me or not?) thanks again guys

From what I know, EPIK is only for graduates? That's why TaLK pays so little, all you need is a year of college. As far as I know, there is not middle ground program.

Dealing with them has been easy and straight to the point. Just a heads up, the first "early application" period has passed. November 15 is the next deadline, and after that I hear it's a battle to get the remaining positions.

here's a comparion of EPIK and TaLK

http://www.talk.go.kr/newtalk4/popup/popup.html

Going to Korea for a homestay program, going to be their about 2 months. I turn 18 on the 23rd. Guys have any suggestions on anything fun in Seoul? I'm actually trying to learn the language to... So i'm not Korea just for the wiminz

Edit: Not this year... probably in the summer. have any ideas?

Back in America after three weeks in Korea. I really need to find means to remain more permanently in the near future...

Recent favorite discovery was the Central Asian area near 동대문역사문화공원역. Went there first with two Japanese people to a Mongolian market to buy a bunch of dried meats, camel and horse milk things, and whatever else they could find. Then the next week with an Uzbek guy for amazing food.

img5054.jpg

img5160lf.jpg

img5215u.jpg

img5332s.jpg

img5503c.jpg

img5840gw.jpg

img5652j.jpg

img5589g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Goshiwon, Hasuk-Jib, or a Apt/Officetel/One-Room.

The last one is going to cost you around $2-10K for the deposit.

is there any specific hasukjib you know that is near SNU ?

seems like hasukjib is a nice choice considering meals are provided.

is there any specific hasukjib you know that is near SNU ?

seems like hasukjib is a nice choice considering meals are provided.

just make sure to look around. cause some are nasty inside

personally id rather stay at a clean goshiwon. as long as you can get over teh size

thanks jdm, one more q.

http://www.gosi1.net/gosiup/searchlist2_way.php3?tbname=gosi1&page=1&keyset1=do&keyset2=searchand&keyset3=gu&serno=guestwate&ser=desc&subway=%BC%AD%BF%EF%B4%EB

this site seems legit, but im korean illiterate, any where on that page that shows you "most popular" or "best" goshiwon near SNU?

thanks

not sure if you can list it by best, its possible but im being lazy and its 3am

if you put in - 서울대

in the box that says: 대학(건물)명

it'll give you a list of them. just look at the expensive ones

http://www.gosi1.net/view/gosiwonview.php3?&number=5047

http://www.gosi1.net/view/gosiwonview.php3?&number=7414

also dont trust the pics, they like to stretch them to look bigger

• 2 weeks later...

I'm too lazy to look through the whole thread buh,

Might be going to Korea for vacation in the next couple of months. I'll be going with a group of people that went to Korea for work almost every month last year.

What do you guys think is the best season roll through? We were planning of going this time next year but is it hella dead around this time of year (after the holidays)?

Planning on staying half of a month to a month btw.