korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

i dont think ive ever seen anyone eating them come to think of it... but they are right next to that little sock vendor in dongdaemun and it gets on my tit big time when im tryna choose which fake louis vuitton socks to purchase.

damnnnnn

you stil living kangnam way dizz?

is their any 'warehousing' districts about central[ish] seoul? im guessing they are in mapo-gu area?

i dont want to have to go all the way out to gimpo or some shit to find one!

Guest umhaha84

Damn I'm mad surprised to see someone talking about daedo restaurant at SuFu, their bbq isn't that good but BokEumBap they make you after you done eating bbq is some holy Grail shit

not all gyaldem with boots are hoes... and those silkworm things are fucking wrong. every time i walk past the venders im close to vomming.

what do they taste like? dizz? dis?

I've only eaten about half of one, then I instantaneously vomited, which caused all my co-workers to write me off as a casualty and throw me in a cab home in a single move, it took like 4 seconds from the time of me putting said bug in my mouth until the time they were shouting directions to the cabby and patting the roof of the car to go.

I copped a Dixie cup worth when I was on Haeundae Beach in Busan.

I ate one, and proceeded to fling all of the cup's contents into the waves rolling back into the ocean. I thought that was that; but no-

the tide rode back up, and regurgitated all that was thrown into it. All of the little lovelies spread all over the sand like a wild spraying cumshot, looking like cockroaches. I just stood there and watched as Korean girls screamed in horror, and their boyfriends laughed and went, "EH! BUNDEGI?!?!?!"

I eventually walked away from embarrassment as some couples caught on to me laughing at them.

it doesnt smell like burning hair. it smells like burning shite.

ah; dismal i know u like to drive right? whats the licensing, taxing, MOT/emissions testing setup in korea?

thinking of picking up a love wagon for beach trips if i stay a long while, depending on the costings.

I don't know, but I do know that while cars used to be super expensive here, they are now the cheapest in the world thanks to the exchange rate. Wish I had some extra cash lying around right now, I'd buy the $60K 360 Modena. :(

Taxes can't be more expensive than the UK/Japan, so I'd say you're ok. Parking can be a biznitch if you are trying to park the highstreet wagon valet'd in all of the prime places of Seoul, but most people figure out ways to park for free over here.

is club night in hongdae a hot mess? worth going to?

trying to make the best of my last weekend here.

club night is just a mess with all foreign and korean trash gathered together running around in a drunken spree. definitely worth while to check out once in your life but no more than that.

trust me. be sure to wear shitty shoes that day too.

does everyone in korea wear a size 10. i must have hit 8 stores trying to find some all white chucks, simple beaters, and every time the clerks would walk up with 2 boxes a 9.5 and a 10.5. got damned!

does everyone in korea wear a size 10. i must have hit 8 stores trying to find some all white chucks, simple beaters, and every time the clerks would walk up with 2 boxes a 9.5 and a 10.5. got damned!

word. i bought a pair that was 10.5 and i didnt even realize till i got home.

well at euljiro they have huge segregated districts selling like pots+pans, then furniture+office chairs, then sewing machines... i havent yet bought a machine in seoul but thats obviously the place to go.

if your looking for a cheap home machine stick with something european or jap. husqvarna viking, bernina, pfaff, elna, brother, janome etc. singer are also good.

seeing as you are in asia, you'll probably have to pay a premium for the euro. machines though so way them up against the price of a decent domestic or jap machine

if you have the space you might want to think about getting an industrial though. there is a korean manufacture called 'sun star' who make beautiful electronic controlled industrials, this is the type of machine im most likely to purchase on my return, i know juun.j uses them downstairs in the studio.

for other industrials that are likely to be less damaging on the wallet try brother and juki, perhaps pfaff but again youll pay premium for euro on the pfaff.

one + about industrial machines are; aswell as them letting you sew through far heavier fabrics and give a much more consistent stitch count, you are likely to be able to get a fair amount of the money you spent on them back at resale (if youve bought 2nd hand in the first place)

having said all this though, sometimes a home machine will just fit the job better as you can have a few different stitches and a basic overlock etc. they are quicker to set up for different fabric types and so on. industrial machines are basicly set to one job only, you will only have a straight (lock) stitch.

i wear a size 10 too but it seems the most common shoe size for men here in korea is about 8.5

be glad u don't have like a size 13+ because then you would be royally fucked and have to order online!

fyi itaewon usually carries bigger sizes to cater for the foreigners out here so keep that in mind