korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

you talking about KLI or full-time exchange? They are different and the same. You'll get 9 hrs for the Korean language class if you do it on exchange, and you can fill in another easy 9 hrs with whatever to max at 18 of the easiest credits you'll ever get. KLI might do credits, but I am not sure, and it'd just be part time if so. Both require the same kind of classroom hours though, so it's a no-brainer. The Korean class for both is the same class, same teachers, rooms, books, just different program enrollments. 4 hrs a day, 5 days a week, starting at 8:30 or 9am, for a slightly shortened semester.

It's a real fuckin hump if you actually attend, but the truth is, the vast majority of teachers of those Korean language classes are just 20-something recent grad women who are doing it as a 'dignified' P/T job while they wait to get married, too prissy for anything else. They get really huffy if you try to show them up at anything, but charm them a bit and you can do whatever you want. The classes are pretty shit all around, so I went for some laughs and the coffee and to pick up my girlfriend, but not before 10 or 11. Yonsei calculates attendance, other schools aren't as hard on it. I got an A every semester, even the level 3 classes I bombed twice, figure out how that works.

I filled out my 18 hrs a semester by doing the other 9 hrs in studio art classes. 3 hr art credits somehow meet once a week for 1.5 hrs, I never did figure out how they figured that was 3hrs, since my regular school wanted 6 hrsX3days/week for a 3 hr studio art class. Anyhow, I took traditional celadon pottery like 3 times, figure drawing, freshman oil painting (I was a senior at the time), etc.

Hanyang is probably better than Yonsei for exchange, anything but Yonsei. Unless you like hanging out with angry gyopos who pretend like they want to fight and nasty gyopo girls, and then some weird assorted int'l students with Asian fetishes who really wanted to go to Japan, but either couldn't pass the JLPT, or front the money. Yeah, some real winners at these kinds of places. All the schools have the same demographics, but the smaller, the better probably.

They don't have Sperrys in Korea, are you kidding me? They just started selling McMuffins there a year ago. Boat shoes in 2018.

Get some from your friend, or go spend 300 bills on the BoO.

Yo homies.

I'm planning on a quikie (Fri, Sat, Sun) in Korea next month.

Is korea as hot as tokyo in July?

I'll be in Amsterdam and Antwerp from July 5-12. Anytime before/after is all good. I'll go gather Mr.Highstreet and Wild Whiskey for the homo round up.

a little doobie and a proper breakfast sounds good. I may join the Seoul brodown depending, i've got something lined up for the 12th to a little later, but seems I'll be free and I haven't gotten drunk at Answer yet so that's been on the mind lately. We still didn't get a proper brodown of more than 3 going yet so that is to-do. Thinking I might use my one-way ticket, buy a new one to Japan and go stay with my exgf at her flat around Shirokane and eat til I get sick of it, but I want to be around the way.

i donno either, i just got into seoul and on the bus to my friends apartment he pointed out all the 'massage parlors' that have popped up recently around his place.

im in shincheon btw, any particular recommendations around here? i plan on walking around tmrw.

a little doobie and a proper breakfast sounds good. I may join the Seoul brodown depending, i've got something lined up for the 12th to a little later, but seems I'll be free and I haven't gotten drunk at Answer yet so that's been on the mind lately. We still didn't get a proper brodown of more than 3 going yet so that is to-do. Thinking I might use my one-way ticket, buy a new one to Japan and go stay with my exgf at her flat around Shirokane and eat til I get sick of it, but I want to be around the way.

definitely need to relax and get away from the daily grind here in seoul. you know how that shit goes!

but seriously, you should come out and party once more and then throw in your towel. kimcheegirl would definitely come out and thomas could stop sending me random messages at like 8 in the morning from his nightly hongdae adventures.

thomas - wanna check out volume this friday???

haha... you know what, your name in my phone book is right next to a girl im seeing, so the other night i sware i sent you some fucking gay ass message by accident, you replied so sweet though, so i guess it was a lucky mistake

actually i dont hit up the hongdog that much, i been to answer like a bundle, and me and bri-the-way checked out a night last week which was an absolute gaijinpot. - funny music though, i dont think the night was meant to be much, eugene just playing funny shit, but bri-the-way has now promised to do me a ian curtis doppleganger video before i leave seoul.. ill get the little dosados girls to film it i think

volume on friday? quite possibly - but my conquest is leaving to china like monday and she gets back the day before i leave... hmm... but ill stil come most probably, unless its v.likely ill be getting my bone on elsewhere

i think, yes, well hit it

as long as bri-the-way is down.. he is such a legend, an integral part of my seoul club experience

ah, where can i find ajima's in seoul? like, is there a hookup spot that i should angle? gotta be done right? you gotta come with. moral support etc

fuuuuccckkk, your timing is so bad mate, I am the ajumma KILLER. I would've been all over that for you, would've took one for the team the whole lot.

Shinchon is ajumma/old maid HQ, so go up and give that one a see, Wednesday nights is good for that. The Noli bar, whitey central. I think it's ladies night on Wedsnesday there and the Bar above has this cute old lady who is just great working the bar there so it's a solid Wednesday night drinker. I go to M2 after all that, for their Wednesday ladies night. About all the legs you'll see out on a weekday.

You still done next month? You gonna come back and pick up where you left off?

haha rep cause my uncle was just lecturing me on how you can get things mad cheap in myeongdong. Normally I'd be the stingy Korean but this time the prob is im going on a trip to jejudo to meet some bitches and im hiking hallasan. Btw they still sell Yon-sama socks in myeongdong?

on the plus side, hot-pants and all things short length seem pretty popular in korea and the girls mostly got pretty good stems.

you must be some kind of calf junkie with that kind of talk, haha

just read dismal's assessment of kli, ouch. though when i went a good third of the americans were los angeleno 2nd gen'ers that could certainly pull their weight.