korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

i miss sundae at 3AM.

i miss it i miss it i miss it i miss it.

MEUN LOKKBOKI.

:( . actually, i can get all of that in koreatown. i think i will do it.

cant get fresh and cheap sundae in america

and soju in the giant green bottles is super rare

• 3 weeks later...

er ok i was in 'mr pizza' in jongno yesterday and there was a fire in the floor above (stil mr. pizza joint).

SeOUL kRaZy PaRTy CiTty

today is gay though, i have no mobile/cell phone so cant even call anyone up.. was gonna check out hongdae?

mass tonight stil?

When I lived in Seoul I always used to go to a club called G - but I think its been re-opened now as "Re:Ball". (I know..that name...) It was awesome - cool music, pretty fashion boys posing by the airconditioner, everyone else dancing, occassionally go-go boys (and they used to sell drugs behind the bar if u had the right connections;). I saw transexual Korean pop star Harisu there once dancing topless. Hopefully, it hasnt changed too much.

I would go to Queen (across the street) first for the killer happy hour where drinks are crazy cheap then head over to Re:Ball to check it out. There was another bar just up the hill called WhyNOt which is cruisier - pretty much a pickup joint.

In the warmer months much of the fun actually happens outside the clubs, with people just hanging out and chilling on the street itself, catching up with friends - thats really cool.

There are also come surprisingly nice, plush little gay bars scattered around Itaewon (but not on the HIll itself) as well as a skanky sauna on the African street, about halfway up on the right. You gotta get wasted first, then go have yourself a sleeeeazy adventure...

Check the gay sites - utopia asia, jguyusguy etc they are gonna have much more info than Superfuture!

Yeah, G was the basement place, down a long staircase.

It was on the corner of the gay street/alley and the main ghetto hip hop/strip club street. So just down the block from Why Not, roughly opposite Queen, around the corner from CLub King (the big hip hop club, I think thats the name) and about halfway from the subway station to the mosque! From the African alley, turn right and its the second left I think.

Man, writing that makes me miss Itaewon... good times!

I am thinking of Trance, which is down the stairs under Always Homme, but I'm probably wrong. Not the little log cabin looking thing with a glowing green cock hanging outside made from Christmas lights, under the stairs?... btw, besides Always Homme, I think 'Starbutts' just around corner wins for best bar name, haha...

Yeah - but Starbutts is a straight strip club.

I also like the names "Hard Rain", "Russian Riviera" and, right at the top of Hooker Hill, the last in a chain of dodgy straight brothels called "One Last Chance"!

On my last weekend in Seoul I went around with a friend and took pictures of me pretending to walk out of each shadily-named establishment, covering my face.

Ah, good times....

As for the saunas- yeah as I mentioned I did it, and they are sleeeeazy as hell.

Be open to anything -anything! (And get ready for lots of gropey married old dudes who don't understand the meaning of "no..".)

Yeah get that sorted. There's some wacko Christian nutter who is a realtor and sets foreigners up with short-term leases, short-rent.com, but no idea if he's legit or not. Give him a bell and see I suppose, he might have something. Can't be too choosy really though, won't be Buckingham Palace or anything like that.

Grab some snaps at Dos a dos!

haha ye.. i dont really care, i live in east london and the place is pretty much a squat.

cheaper rent = more beer money.... right?

i think i will be returning to this fine city sometime.. so we can definately grab some proper time for the project at some point

heading up jul 2 - aug 18 for an internship....can't wait. I haven't been back in years. First order of business will be samgyupsal + soju....damn I miss decent korean food

what kind of internship will you be doing? drop me a pm for further details.