Dressing in only one color

mrip

Came across this article, thought it was pretty cool.

http://nymag.com/fashion/08/spring/44210/

mono080225_2_250.jpg

It must be hard to clash when you wear all brown.

Impossible. The great thing about brown is when it fades, you can’t tell what color it originally was. There’s no sense of the “right†color saturation.

That grey lady seemed to be super pretentious.

As far as dressing in one color goes, I find it strange that people can get away with wearing all "kelly green" every day and just be looked at as eccentric, or having a "fun" style, but if you go out wearing all black a few days in a row you're almost automatically put in the goth category.

That grey lady seemed to be super pretentious.

As far as dressing in one color goes, I find it strange that people can get away with wearing all "kelly green" every day and just be looked at as eccentric, or having a "fun" style, but if you go out wearing all black a few days in a row you're almost automatically put in the goth category.

There are tons of double standards like this and in an *ideal* world it wouldn't happen but it's pretty obvious why green would make someone eccentric but black would make someone goth.

Cool article, the girl who wore blue was my favorite. I thought it was pathetic how the guy who wore all brown missed a wedding though. But I suppose if he was willing to miss it it must not have been someone terribly close to him.

man karim rashid is a pretentious fuck with such contrived style

karim is dope.... i see how u think his style is contrived or artificial......ill admit he needs to chill on the pink gimmick.....but i think his style is a reflection of his philosophy on life and design...karim's steez has more relevance than someone looking like a vampire ninja from 1700's or a union worker from the turn of the century ...

I had that 'white is right' mentality in high school. I liked dressing rather flashy and I thought white was as flashy as they come (aside from metalic colors). Sometimes I snuck in red or wore baby blue but I ususally stuck to my white. I also despised the color grey (particularly heather grey) for the reason that designer explained... it's very neutral. I felt no one would been seen or noticed wearing grey.

I always believed I'd embrace white. Even now it's still my favorite color. But I'm currently wearing a combo of heather grey and forest green.