Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Delta

Dear SuperAds...

Dear SuperAds,

we FUCKING HATE the Scion ad!!!

Also the Graniph one was so fucking red that it was almost offensive!

And some of the SevenNY ones from the past caused headaches and epileptic seasures.

We understand that the Ads are a quintessential part to keep the board running, but please try a little harder to have something that blends in a little more with the board both visually, and in content.

Nobody on here cares that David Choe endorses ugly cars.

You cannot state that this is a forum for Superbored global shopping experts and then humiliate us with fucking urban plaything cars...!

I know for certain a lot of us are simply adblocking right now, I'm sure that's also not what the advertisers had in mind...

It's backfiring!

We trust that you will try harder in the future,

for now,

we remain,

sincerely,

Your friends on the forums...

the scion ad banner... just cuz there are lots of azns on here doesnt mean we are all fast and the furious wannabe muthafuckas. YOUR RESEARCH TEAM FAILED.

wtf is with the fucking scion ad?

etc...

I keep getting the graniph ad right now and it's hurting my eyes. I don't mind graniph but this ad makes me hate them. The typesetting pisses me off because it tries to be all designery but sucks.

Hello SuperADS, it's me again.

I figured that after my honest but harsh comments before it would only be fair to say that I think you did a good job getting C.P. Company/Stone Island on board.

That's all.

Adblock ftw!

Adblock even makes myspace readable.

Is this a typo or is '008 an actual way to abbreviate 2008?

u008.jpg

Noticed this too and actually found it quite nice/clever, I assumed that it was getting ready for the '10 (etc) crazyness.

Looks nicer, and also make the next winter season easier:

AW '009/'010

No?

It's fine by me, I guess you are right, '10 does look a bit strange. I do think that abbreviations are a bit silly sometimes especially when you are typing 4 characters to abbreviate something that is 4 characters anyway...

I like that the background is the same color as the supertalk background, very clean, makes the jackets and type float up there.

Edit: guess it's not a typo, there is another ad that has the same thing.

Guest Goose25

mr duck, goose here; what is the perfect ad to make supertalkers all feverish? dust off your photoshop, we want visuals!

I'm not very quick with photoshop, I will however think about this.

I'll be in NYC from the 21st till the 2nd of next month, will you per any chance be there (I don't know where you're located)? And maybe even at Sid's show?

If so I would be glad to discuss this into detail over a beer or coffee...

Guest Goose25

Nope, won't be anywhere near the states as I live in the big castle...

sidney's show is sounding great, all supertalkers should support it

That is a mighty big bummer right there!

I do however promise to think about this and will get back to you about it over pm.

Just give me some time...

Errrm, what I said in my first post about the Graniph one also applies to the new Evisu one.

Apart from it beeing so red that it becomes an eyesore especially compared to the rest of the board, it is just too simple, there's no thought or effort behind it, thus making it boring and after a while even annoying to look at even if its only in the corner of ones eye...

The C.P/Stone Island ones blend in nicely colourwise, they change so don't bore that easily, and like Hawkeye mentioned, it's nice that the background blends in, making the ad become part of the rest of the layout.

Imho a good ad (in general) should not obviously an ad.