College Acceptance Letters

Mr Calvin Oscar

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also applied to Columbia, NYU, and Brown, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much for college (no way I'm getting any financial aid).

i know that feeling. one of the reasons i came to the UK for uni from the US was the price. plus you have to do a serious amount of bullshit gen-ed stuff at most american unis that at least i have been able to avoid in the UK.

good call on going to the u.k.

i'm currently studying aborad and after meeting a friend of mine from the u.k. i feel like a complete ass shelling out 40,000 USD a year. we're both learning japanese but at my university you have to put up with a whole bunch of bullshit g.e.'s

to make a long story short we're both japanese majors, yet he's paying around 8,000 USD a year and receives around 12 hours of instruction on japanese language a week, while i pay 40,000 USD and receive around 5-6.

i'm sorry but i have no need to learn about climatology and fuckin' fossils when i'm spending a goddamn grip to learn a foreign fuckin' language.

got my letter of acceptance from Wagner last week, and i got an e-mail from lesley university about joining a facebook group for accepted students, but no official letter from them. i assume i'm in there. just waiting on Emerson, Skidmore and Bard now.

got my letter of acceptance from Wagner last week, and i got an e-mail from lesley university about joining a facebook group for accepted students, but no official letter from them. i assume i'm in there. just waiting on Emerson, Skidmore and Bard now.

The fuck? Are schools really doing this now?

Around this time last year i was crazy nervous waiting for this stupid letters. And to make matter worse I chose the wrong college. lol

i am at Penn State University Park = Wack

nonetheless good luck to all.

I remember waiting around for letters and was pretty bummed when Columbia wait-listed my ass. But no sour grapes. Doubt I would have such free access to drugs if I weren't in the bay. But being closer to Seven and Atelier would have been niceeeeee....

Regardless, congrats to everyone.

im 3rd year college now but funny story...

(as i'm procrastinating from doing a strategic marketing assignment)

I applied to 3 universities and i got my first letter back it went something like this.

Dear Andrew,

Brescia is Canada's leading all female University.......

...... because of this we cannot accept you into the Business program.

haha Brescia's a section of UWO and I thought i was applying for business at UWO... guess i got the codes mixed up haha.

I gotta find that letter and frame it.

Jeep, I have a friend that goes to BARD and loves it, the photo faculty is fucking insane (tim davis, larry fink, stephen shore, etc).

and to the comment about saving money for grad school, that's what i am holding on to (because I am in a shitty undergraduate now) but if you attend a shool like BARD for photo, no need for grad school at all.

im 3rd year college now but funny story...

(as i'm procrastinating from doing a strategic marketing assignment)

I applied to 3 universities and i got my first letter back it went something like this.

Dear Andrew,

Brescia is Canada's leading all female University.......

...... because of this we cannot accept you into the Business program.

haha Brescia's a section of UWO and I thought i was applying for business at UWO... guess i got the codes mixed up haha.

I gotta find that letter and frame it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jeep, I have a friend that goes to BARD and loves it, the photo faculty is fucking insane (tim davis, larry fink, stephen shore, etc).

and to the comment about saving money for grad school, that's what i am holding on to (because I am in a shitty undergraduate now) but if you attend a shool like BARD for photo, no need for grad school at all.

Bard is sorta my last choice... everyone i know thats gone there has had a bad experience :(

Unless your parents are rollin deep I'd suggest saving your money for graduate school. Cause Undergrad is MAD JOKES. If you do well enough in undergrad you can make it into an Ivy for grad. school and thats when your gonna be payin loans up the ass.

not true, undergrad is actually pretty important. and if youre parents arent rollin deep, assuming you're going to a prestigious university, one with a sizeable endowment, you'll get financial aid. There are many schools with great financial aid programs, so don't let prices discourage you from applying to a school. If you apply and you dont get enough financial aid, dont go, but at least you'll have tried, and your options will be open.

also, better school = better future job (assuming you do well, but you need to do well at any school). better future job = more money to pay back loans, so it may even out.

not true, undergrad is actually pretty important. and if youre parents arent rollin deep, assuming you're going to a prestigious university, one with a sizeable endowment, you'll get financial aid. There are many schools with great financial aid programs, so don't let prices discourage you from applying to a school. If you apply and you dont get enough financial aid, dont go, but at least you'll have tried, and your options will be open.

also, better school = better future job (assuming you do well, but you need to do well at any school). better future job = more money to pay back loans, so it may even out.

not to knock, but so many unture things in this post. I can only speak from art school expereience, but my parents dont roll deep, and I couldn't get shit from anyone except for measly "scholarships" that are about $3500 a semester, and I have several friends in the same situation.

and not to be somekind of martyr, but prospesctive jobs don't mean shit to art majors: you're gonna work in retail.

not to knock, but so many unture things in this post. I can only speak from art school expereience, but my parents dont roll deep, and I couldn't get shit from anyone except for measly "scholarships" that are about $3500 a semester, and I have several friends in the same situation.

and not to be somekind of martyr, but prospesctive jobs don't mean shit to art majors: you're gonna work in retail.

i said a prestigious school, not some random art school