High Quality Blank T-shirts, not AA

AMFM

Hello,

I'm looking for high quality blank tees, does anybody have any recommendations?

I'm NOT looking for the obvious brands, ie - American Apparel, Alternative Apparel, AAA, Hanes, etc. I am looking for high quality cottons and cuts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

amfm

Pro clubs are nice, but they might not be cut the way you want. This is the best I can think of that can be bought easily in low quantities.

Hello,

I'm looking for high quality blank tees, does anybody have any recommendations?

I'm NOT looking for the obvious brands, ie - American Apparel, Alternative Apparel, AAA, Hanes, etc. I am looking for high quality cottons and cuts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

amfm

i was looking for some plain u-necks a while back, but didnt find much.

I'd love to know also. I wear my AA tees three or four times and then CRINGE as I toss them in the wash. Despite the cold water and the hang dry they NEVER come out like they started.

Blank teeeeeees please. We need this.

the cotton ones are junk. try the aa tri blend or 50/50.they dont bag out or shrink. i think any blend would be better than 100% cotton.

regarding the original post; what exactly are using these shirts for and how much do you want to spend?

I'll be using them to print on. I've been using AA for almost 10 years and feel like it is time to branch out to a more custom cut and sew quality. The only problem with going totally custom is the quantity requirements. I'm looking for anywhere from 500-1000 shirts. Pricing is flexible based on quality. I get AA shirts for $3.90, but would be willing to spend more for cut and quality.

Here are some past examples:

http://www.invicid.com/archive.html

Has anyone ever tried Continental or Royal apparel? I'm curious to know their quality...

http://www.continental-usa.com/Home

http://www.royalapparel.net/

i've only tried continental's sweats - they're great.

royal is very similar to AA and Alt. App. in cut and quality.

EDIT:

also, look into bella/canvas (www.bella.com)

How are Bella/Canvas tees compared to Alternative Apparel?

Also, how do you pick a good 100&% cotton tee based on fabrication and weight?

compared how? they're both "youthful" fits, made from combed cotton, and relatively lightweight.

the only way to pick something out is to go to a screenprinter, trade show, etc. and touch the products yourself, imo. otherwise, just set up wholesale accounts with the companies you're interested in and order samples on your own dime.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

fabe6051 should stop spamming that link

anyway, with this redundant thread bump (dont we have like 3 or 4 threads like this?) i just wanted to know if velvasheen t shirts are actually being reissued by the same company or if it is another one of those 'lame unnecessarily expensive heritage' reissues by some different company who just bought the name?

i have seen these around the web for around $60-70

classic short 50s, fitted kinda

16091902.jpg

i personally think LVC tees are awesome, but they aren't for printing per the original poster's intent

or if you somehow come across a box of new deadstock vintage screen stars shirts.. ha

lol, I remember Velva Sheen when they had brick and mortar shops around the Cincinnati area, so maybe I'm old, I am not sure. I do remember them closing though, so those shirts are most likely just deadstock from the late 80's, early 90's maybe.

lol, I remember Velva Sheen when they had brick and mortar shops around the Cincinnati area, so maybe I'm old, I am not sure. I do remember them closing though, so those shirts are most likely just deadstock from the late 80's, early 90's maybe.

fucking product description

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1556

Velva Sheen Mfg Co. was once a producer of sweats, t-shirts, jackets and gym shorts for colleges, camps, schools and the United States Armed Forces. Established in 1932, the Cincinnati Ohio based company has seen many changes and had all but gone out of business, but their distinctive tees & sweats have been resurrected. We present Velva Sheen athletic wear made of US Slub Cotton Fabric (tube) and cut & sewn in Cincinnati Ohio. Your tees come to you in the Velva Sheen heritage packaging-- two per pack.

100% Cotton

Made in Los Angeles, CA

Heritage Tag used in the 50's & 60's

Two Per Pack

fuck

pretty ridic then... velva sheen was the place you'd go to get the iron-on logos and screenprints done. If they were still around today, they'd just be printing on AA blanks.

Some store in Tokyo was selling deadstock nib Hanes from the 50's and 60's for like $35 a piece, better deal IMO.