Best Non-SLR digital camera

Fingathing

copped the gf1 + 20mm lens + lvf1 viewfinder off ebay for only $500 in like new condition. would've been about a grand if i copped everything seperately. feels like i got a steal. gonna sell the gf1 body tho and probably get the gf3 for the 1080p video.

that fuzi x100 also looks very tempting. wish it had 1080p video tho.

500 is a steal, i sold my gf1 with just the pancake lens for 600.

Some more x100 shots. I Love that I can bring it anywhere. When I carried a gf1, it felt too much like a digital camera with the EVF. I kind of just pointed and shot. With the x100, its almost like carrying a DSLR so I think about composition and since its in a small size i can bring it everywhere.

6027087585_4a7b0de4c9_m.jpg

lance by MrEllis, on Flickr

6041396928_5e6f81beed_m.jpg

Good morning by MrEllis, on Flickr

6080749201_26972d3b33_m.jpg

Untitled by MrEllis, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Played with the X100 for 15 minutes now that the battery is charged. I like it a lot - I can see I'm going to need to get a screen protector and thumb grip.

Menus and rear buttons are fiddly, but that's the nature of the tiny beast.

Quickie files aren't noticeably softer or noisier than my D700 despite full-frame vs APS-C at the same megapixels.

Dunno how I feel about the EVF - I like the optical viewfinder w/ HUD a lot better than I expected. Suspect I'll be using that quite a bit.

i had a problem with my s95, i accidentally transferred the photos out of my camera and unto my laptop but i wanted to keep the pictures on my camera still, is there a way that i can transfer the photos back from the laptop to my camera?

this is what happens when i try to put the pictures back onto the DCIM folder of my camera

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/blahcg.jpg/

PS: my friend says to reformat the card but i dont want to lose everything =/

someone tell me it doesn't make sense to buy when i have the x100 already... please...

There is a rumor FujiFilm is planning on releasing a interchangeable x100. Which would be cool for those looking for a little more versatility.

A lot of people are hoping this version or future versions of the x100 have a full frame sensor. I'm all for that but tbh the APS-C sensor they have in the current x100 is great and very capable.

one thing is for sure, whether its full frame or interchangeable, the price will go up so brace for that...

FYI to those who currently have the x100 and are experiencing over exposure in their pics...it is a known problem. I talked to a repair rep this morning and they said there is an issue w/ the lens...not sure what but from what I've read on forums the lens is "sticking" and causing over exposure. The repair rep said they will repair it for free and will get it back to me within 48 hrs.

i was pretty much settled on getting the LX5, but after much poring over m4/3s and the news of the new panny X-series lenses i'm now considering either waiting for the spiritual successor to the GF1 or going for an E-P2/3.

e: broke down, bought an E-PL3 + Lumix 14mm lens. got rid of my D80 + 35mm that's been in storage for a year+. "the best camera is the one that's with you" etc

Hey all, my G9 isn't cutting it any more.

Anybody have any idea when the Fuji x10 is coming out?

Any ideas on price?