Best Non-SLR digital camera

Fingathing

lx5 is the best camera ever made!! mine is for sale btw ;-) $350 shipped.. price is negotiable. i actually upgraded from the s90 to the lx5 -- there were a few reasons why i liked the lx5 more (read a few pages back in this thread there is plenty of s90 vs lx5 discussion). im selling mine to fund a 35mm 2.0 for my t2i. let me know if youre interested!

A grand US. I'm definitely going to get one. This is the camera I've been waiting for.

Why? Because of the looks? I havent seen anything about how good the IQ is.

I think its a cute camera but the fixed 35mm focal length kills it for me. 50 would be perfect for a snap shot camera like this.

GF1 >>>>> anything in its price range. And i hear they are coming with a 25mm 1.4 pancake lens (equivalent to 50mm). The lens itself will probably be a G but its wroth it.

• 1 month later...

man, leica? i don't care if you have money coming out of your arse, stick with lumix.

i think the lx5 looks pretty great, but it gets exxy with the electronic viewfinder. ricohs look to offer some nice value, but at the end of the day, lx3/5 offers better lens & image quality (particularly at higher ISOs).

gf1 or epl-2? i want the pana 20mm which comes with the gf1 in a packaged deal. i also like the look and feel of the panasonic body better. epl-2, i like that it goes upto 6400iso, have IS, and a nicer EVF. but i'll have to put more effort into selling the kit lens and purchase the 20mm separately.

fuck, so hard to decide.