Best Non-SLR digital camera

Fingathing

those nikon joints look interesting, but i don't know if the nikon processing and speed outweigh the fact that it has a smaller sensor than micro 4/3, sony nex, and those samsung joints... unless you don't care about low light pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a perfectly working Canon G11.

Comes with a battery that holds a charge for what seems like forever, the battery charger, and a 4GB card.

Anybody want it for $275? Free shipping to anywhere.

sold!

Edited by kiya

• 3 weeks later...

yeah. i haven't really sat down to compare the specs, but even if the x-pro is significantly better, i'll stick with the x100 until there's more of a lens selection. it's just not practical because in reality, i'd just keep the 35 1.4 on 90% of the time anyway.

On the waiting list at my local camera shop for a XP1 + 35mm, hopefully can get the 17mm soon after. $2300 is pricey but not unreasonable - a NEX-7 plus Zeiss 24 is ~$2200, a GX1+EVF+25 'lux does come in ~$1600-1700, but I don't care for the EVF in the hot-shoe. If this system expands and builds, I can't imagine ever needing to buy into a DSLR system again.

I trust Fuji more than either Sony or Panasonic. They've got a long history of great photographic products (film, medium-format cameras, sensors, etc., the X100 that I'm very fond of) and really seem to understand the desires of people who want a digital experience similar to film rangefinder/manual SLRs.

I don't think the X pro 1 is the successor to the X100, the X100 won't be discontinued anytime soon and it'll remain a niche camera.

In fact, there's a limited black edition and I'm drooling over it.

I sold all my MFT gear and I'll be picking up my X100 tomorrow; I'm just hoping they'll release a new FW to address all the issues

x100limited_01.jpg