Best Non-SLR digital camera

Fingathing

Yep...telephoto plus external flash were very useful purchases.

which flash did you pick up? to my understanding only olympus/panasonic flashes work.

on the topic of teleconverters/telephoto, i picked up an olympus b-300 on ebay. its the same as the olympus tcon-17 (1.7x).

I'm fairly new to the camera world however I'm looking to probably buy one for my birthday in the coming months..

Can anyone tell me a good camera for starters? I'm looking to spend roughly around 300-600 bucks if anything. I was interested in the olympus stylus-9000..

EP-1 has a few drawback though, seriously its quite heavy for a compact, and @ ISO 200 the noise is quite apparent...still waiting to see if the price will stabilize or if Panasonic comes out with a LX3 replacement.

LX3 and D-Lux 4 are literally the exact same camera. They come with slightly different accessory packages, but not at all worth the difference. Get an LX3 from Ebay Hong Kong.

i was under the impression that the lx3 is the same as the d-lux 3, in other words leica goes first to market while the panasonic release lags by a year or two. i'm personally prob going to wait for the lx4 to release.

i thought it would be interesting to see a bake off of the e-p1 vs d-lux 4, looks like it stacks up ok...

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8412

• 2 weeks later...

Wont let me edit or delete my above post^^

but

im ready to pick up the pen... Anyone know any online dealers with it in stock? Everywhere I usually buy camera equipment has listed as "pre-order" or "back-order"

Im looking for the package with the pancake lens

you get to handle it in person?

None of the stores within a 40 min drive of me has em in store... and I live in LA!

I really wanna hold one before I get it, but I feel naked without my 40d, so I guess imma just order blindly and hope the size isn't much more than Im expecting

imo the pen is still too big to be a compact camera. if it was same size as LX3 then it would have been perfect.

i wouldnt consider the lx3 to be compact either. maybe i'm thinking compact as the ultracompacts. but i mean the difference between the sizes are pretty minimal, you're gonna need a case or bag either way, it's not like you're throwing the lx3 in the back of your jean pocket like i did my sony

sorry, i was thinking compact compared to my 40d+ grip.... I am in the market for a small compact camera because the 40d is just too big to carry around all the time. I love the looks of LX3 and the PEN.. but I am not loving the price of the PEN... which is around the same costs as a 40d body.

but anyways... here is a chinese link with the PEN paired with numerous lens. Click the blue 按這裡檢視圖片 to load the pics.

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=249&t=1125921